• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

So now people understand why Lu and Robertson left
And why Bell isn't about to pay its minimum wage broadcasting school interns to travel with the team and stay in 5 star hotels for 41 road games. I mean sure, it's bush league not to have broadcasters travelling with the team but it's also bush league to even employ the type of talentless hacks who now work for TSN690, let alone let them travel on the company dime so that media in every other NHL market can see how bad they are up close. Do any of these dopes even own a suit or know how to tie a half Windsor knot? You can't travel with an NHL team looking like you just got off a night shift at a gas station.

Seems to me that the way it used to work was that the team itself would hire (or at least approve the hiring) of anyone doing play by play or color for their games. Often the broadcast team were paid directly by the team, not by the radio or TV station on which the games were aired. I suspect that this is no longer the case because if it were, we'd probably still have Robertson.

And why Bell isn't about to pay its minimum wage broadcasting school interns to travel with the team and stay in 5 star hotels for 41 road games. I mean sure, it's bush league not to have broadcasters travelling with the team but it's also bush league to even employ the type of talentless hacks who now work for TSN690, let alone let them travel on the company dime so that media in every other NHL market can see how bad they are up close. Do any of these dopes even own a suit or know how to tie a half Windsor knot? You can't travel with an NHL team looking like you just got off a night shift at a gas station.

Seems to me that the way it used to work was that the team itself would hire (or at least approve the hiring) of anyone doing play by play or color for their games. Often the broadcast team were paid directly by the team, not by the radio or TV station on which the games were aired. I suspect that this is no longer the case because if it were, we'd probably still have Robertson.
I love you man, can you pls now walk down the street to that daycare and tell the kids there’s no Easter bunny or Santa

Back