• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

They have to solve the quarantine issue , 14 days between borders will hinder trades
Perhaps. The 12 April date is what is listed on the NHL site but, as there are only 7 Canadian teams, the NHL might not be so concerned about the quarantine issue. Very doubtful, but perhaps the border will be opened by that point. If the quarantine thing does not change, unforunately,the Canadian GMs may just have to a non-official trade deadline with American teams

Tatar is gone for sure, but i want Armia back. He showed when he is healthy he can be really useful, either in season or playoff. He can score 20 goals.
That is how the extra money to Byron, Price, BG will cost us losing someone like Armia.

Armia's getting 4 years probably.

If I'm his agent, I point directly at the Paul Byron deal and say, we start from there.

If I'm his agent, I point directly at the Paul Byron deal and say, we start from there.
Yeah, my thought exactly, but he may agree 4m x 3 y. Specially Tofolli signed for 4.2 and he is much better scorer

Yup , if I am Armia I am not taking a hometown discount

It’s his last decent payday , best offer wins

As long as he doesn’t turn into a Dano dick he should get decent term offers

Tatar is gone for sure, but i want Armia back. He showed when he is healthy he can be really useful, either in season or playoff. He can score 20 goals.
That is how the extra money to Byron, Price, BG will cost us losing someone like Armia.
With Caufield soon to arrive we’re stacked on the right sight, I don’t see much room for Armia.

Teams always need players like Armia and his physical presence.
Other than Tofolli, Anderson, BG who will score goals??
Drouin, KK, Suzuki? Non yet showed to score at least 20.
CC is longer project. Need a season or two maybe.
I will bring back Armia with right price and years. Specially losing byron and tatar 40 to 50 goals..

Last edited:
Because their replacements will score zero?
Who is their replacement?
If you add Armia also that is probably 60 goals.
CC will probably need a season or two to score 20 and with cap issue Habs can't afford signing at least 2 players of +20 g.
Unless the solution comes from inside. Drouin, KK each scores +20 which is unlikely.

We lose 40 to 50 goals from Byron and Tatar also.
Remember that
Byron has zero goals and I doubt that Tatar is scoring “40-50” anytime soon as he averages about 20-25 in a full 82 game season. I like Armia, and he what he brings to the table, but he’s a replaceable player.

Byron has zero goals and I doubt that Tatar is scoring “40-50” anytime soon as he averages about 20-25 in a full 82 game season. I like Armia, and he what he brings to the table, but he’s a replaceable player.
I meant Tatar and Byron combined in previous years scored 40-50. If you add Armia that is 60.
We are tight on cap, replacing them with UFA will be a hard task, specially with KK and Suzuki new contract coming soon

Tatar is lucky to be a 50 point player moving forward

Byron had back-to-back 20+ goals seasons by the time of his contract, Armia better get on it.

Plus if I'm MB I tell his agent that, plus that Byron was just on waivers and that we are regretting that contract so we won't do the same mistake twice.

Byron had back-to-back 20+ goals seasons by the time of his contract, Armia better get on it.

Plus if I'm MB I tell his agent that, plus that Byron was just on waivers and that we are regretting that contract so we won't do the same mistake twice.
Armia is big body, he will always have an edge in negociation, even though he doesn't really drive to the net

you think the habs do that?

it would be classic habs but i dont see how they have any cap room to do that

Back