• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Are you a complete moron? Brendan Gallagher is a very good player and will be for the majority of his contract.
Not as complete as you it seems.
BG will be a very good player for the majority of his contract?
You mean he will produce 30 g at 34 or 35?
I know it has been tough with covid for everyone but please tell us what do you smoke? Should be a real good one or you are a real idiot, one of two.. Or maybe both lol

Probability is not fact and each player ages differently. The odds are he declines, that’s obvious, but Gallagher is also a gym rat and players that are decline much slower.

The contract is 1-2 years too long if you’re playing by probabilities. It’s just right if you’re acknowledging what he did under his last contract which was at far below market value.

People said the same of Petry and he is a rock. I don’t think Gallagher will drop off as much as others think because his game has never been predicated on speed. I’m not overly concerned about his contract, there are far worse. Look no further than Carey.

Probability is not fact and each player ages differently. The odds are he declines, that’s obvious, but Gallagher is also a gym rat and players that are decline much slower.

The contract is 1-2 years too long if you’re playing by probabilities. It’s just right if you’re acknowledging what he did under his last contract which was at far below market value.

People said the same of Petry and he is a rock. I don’t think Gallagher will drop off as much as others think because his game has never been predicated on speed. I’m not overly concerned about his contract, there are far worse. Look no further than Carey.
Different situation. Petry is a very decent skater, his defensive game haven't reached the maturity when he was traded, plus he was playing for disaster called Oilers, he simplified his game. However BG was never a decent skater, yes he produces now but doesn't take genius to figure out he will not be the same player in 3 or 4 years, the last 2-3 years of his contract will really hurt, specially in a league the speed is most to produce on consistent base, without saying players with his style and body will be on decline in early 30s usually.

Last edited:
Not as complete as you it seems.
BG will be a very good player for the majority of his contract?
You mean he will produce 30 g at 34 or 35?
I know it has been tough with covid for everyone but please tell us what do you somke? Should be a real good one!!

Here is the Gally issue

The style he plays like Simmons , Neal , Ladd , etc all hit the decline by 30 or sooner

A near 60% raise gives the Habs no upside , and when the decline starts its a bad contract

Even a moderate but not fall of the cliff decline in years 4-6 gives you a 6.5 mil Armia on the third line

The same shit for Dano if they hand out another fugly one

Team went the easy sentimental route just like Price , that isnt working.

Here is the Gally issue

The style he plays like Simmons , Neal , Ladd , etc all hit the decline by 30 or sooner

A near 60% raise gives the Habs no upside , and when the decline starts its a bad contract

Even a moderate but not fall of the cliff decline in years 4-6 gives you a 6.5 mil Armia on the third line

The same shit for Dano if they hand out another fugly one

Team went the easy sentimental route just like Price , that isnt working.
That is exactly what i added on my post above. Yes totally agree.

Unfortunately as you just said Dano also will get a stupid contract.
French factor and media BS will get the job done again.

You cant look at far below market value chatter

He didnt bet on himself and took guaranteed financial security when he was unproven

They are all gym rats except Kessel and no workout freak beats father time

Last edited:
Unfortunately as you just said Dano also will get a stupid contract.
French factor and media BS will get the job done again.

I get it when you are trying to retain a contending team and deal with the cap later like the Hawks and others have done

Team already has big money tied to an aging Weber , Price , Petry , and Gally

Dano is a third liner that doesnt move the needle , dumb to overpay him

Back