• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

you always will get paid, Matthews didn't have to sign last year, had he waited and been a UFA, he would have gotten more. Geeman is the type that takes the first offer
If you know what you're worth, then the first fair offer is the one you take. If you're always looking for more you'll always wind up with less than you thought. Like Geeman, I follow the advice of Bud Fox in "Wall Street:, not Gordon Gekko and his "Greed is good" BS. At one point, Bud asks Gordon "How many yachts can you waterski behind? How much is enough?"

Slaf secured his bag and is set for life whatever else happens. Could he have held out for more? Sure. And maybe, if he steered clear of injuries, he might even get more. But again, how many yachts does one man need?

If you know what you're worth, then the first fair offer is the one you take. If you're always looking for more you'll always wind up with less than you thought. Like Geeman, I follow the advice of Bud Fox in "Wall Street:, not Gordon Gekko and his "Greed is good" BS. At one point, Bud asks Gordon "How many yachts can you waterski behind? How much is enough?"

Slaf secured his bag and is set for life whatever else happens. Could he have held out for more? Sure. And maybe, if he steered clear of injuries, he might even get more. But again, how many yachts does one man need?
like the analogy, how much money do you need "10% more than I have", one needs one more yacht than they have.

Why buy an Escalade when you can get an Land/Range Rover, or why buy a Cadillac when you can have a Bentley

like the analogy, how much money do you need "10% more than I have", one needs one more yacht than they have.

Why buy an Escalade when you can get an Land/Range Rover, or why buy a Cadillac when you can have a Bentley
But you don't need it, you merely want it. And always wanting 10% more than you have means that you will never be happy no matter how rich you get. Ergo, wealth is wasted on you.

But you don't need it, you merely want it. And always wanting 10% more than you have means that you will never be happy no matter how rich you get. Ergo, wealth is wasted on you.
if your boss offered you a 10% salary increase you would turn it down in the interest of being happy with what you have? You don't want your RRSP to go up 10%?

if your boss offered you a 10% salary increase you would turn it down in the interest of being happy with what you have? You don't want your RRSP to go up 10%?
I may want it, but the question is, do I need it? And in the case of Slaf and the deal he settled for, he most definitely does not need the extra 10%. He's going to be just fine.

you always will get paid, Matthews didn't have to sign last year, had he waited and been a UFA, he would have gotten more. Geeman is the type that takes the first offer
No chance unless your an elite player

AM is a terrible example , he already got his bag and earns about 3 mil more in endorsements a year

Slaf like Caufield will never be in that league

What the fuck are they fighting for an extra 10% if everything goes well

What if there is another pandemic and salaries stay flat for years

Poor play , injuries , etc…is a foolish risk on a bridge deal

Ask Josh Norris if securing his bag was a bad idea . Nobody is touching him now with an 8 year deal
one example. Face it, hockey players are boring and conservative. More americans are willing to take the risk, Canadian players just take whatever is offered

Back