• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

I realize that most of what he said today was “GM-speak” but does MB understand that in order for Ben Chiarot to play in the playoffs, the team has to first qualify for them? I realize he doesn’t want to appear desperate to other GM’s . . . but they probably all know by now that he is (when you fire a goalie coach in-season, you’re clearly desperate).
Trojan horse...

Maybe.

I think it is more of him waiting out the rest of the teams that can't spend and on the final day having a GM take less than they are currently asking. If they don't then he stands pat.

The issue with waiting is the 14 day quarantine
Only if roster players are involved in a deal, what if it’s futures only - pick and/or prospect?

Granted if the player being acquired comes from a US based team won’t be able to play till post 14-day quarantine but team in place can continue for 2-weeks till upgrade booster.

For example if Glendening is acquired for a pick, Evans can keep playing till 14-day quarantine is completed

That buys Caufield another week....looks better & better for Habs

If I was a conspiracy theorist...
Except Kotkaniemi and Armia might miss all of next week too? Not to mention the players have no means of practice right now and will have to get ready for the next game in a day's notice perhaps.

Except Kotkaniemi and Armia might miss all of next week too? Not to mention the players have no means of practice right now and will have to get ready for the next game in a day's notice perhaps.
Players seem to have absorbed Dom Dom’s game plan, IMO the time off for Weber to recharge, and for Toffoli to heal (let alone other players bumps & bruises) is of more importance in the grand scheme of things

Players seem to have absorbed Dom Dom’s game plan, IMO the time off for Weber to recharge, and for Toffoli to heal (let alone other players bumps & bruises) is of more importance in the grand scheme of things
Until they play 25 games in a month

So it looks like it's only Armia that's positive. I don't see why they can't start up the games again if everyone else is negative.

Back