• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

What happened to his shot?

I don't know WTF happened to his entire body of work

The thing is this year he is actually competing and not the turnover machine of previous years

Speed , skill , shot but end result is ….TRASH production

I would not protect him in the expansion draft

Drouin leads the Habs in assists = he's trash, let him go for nothing in the expansion draft.

Insanity

What happened to his shot?

I'm starting to believe that his wrist injury seriously impacted his game. He doesn't have the shot that he used to have and he's now fumbling pucks when stickhandling, and mishandling passes, which was never the case before. Without those soft hands in peak conditions, his value is greatly reduced.

I thank the hockey Gods daily that you aren't in control of the Habs.

At 5.5 mil , horse crap for what he brings to the table right now

2 lousy goals , you can find that for much cheaper in a flat cap world

What does he do that we will miss ?

yeah....but I still wouldn't want to sell low. he could still bounce back and provide a useful amount of productivity

I wouldn’t just give him away for nothing but if someone wants to take that contract off our hands, yes, please. I’d rather pay Tatar that kind of dough to keep him than JD. Tatar be way far more useful.

I wouldn’t just give him away for nothing but if someone wants to take that contract off our hands, yes, please. I’d rather pay Tatar that kind of dough to keep him than JD. Tatar be way far more useful.

Exactly what I was thinking with Tatar

JD can be had in a deal with term and money coming back to fill a hole or 2

I asked a nerd stat buddy … he mentioned 7 , maybe someone can confirm
Secondary assists can be useful but not really on the line that JD was on until recently. It was mostly Anderson getting a pass and then taking it 60-80 feet to the net.

Secondary assists can be useful but not really on the line that JD was on until recently. It was mostly Anderson getting a pass and then taking it 60-80 feet to the net.

Yup , but for me its about generating scoring chances and making an impact on a game

Its not just about points to get noticed

There are players like Hyman who may not score every game but watch him play and the work ethic he puts out , grinding in the corners , net crease presence , physical , and can play in any situation .

JD should be a 25/35 player in his sleep

It’s going to end up being an enigma for enigma trade if Drouin situation doesn’t improve, he needs to pick it up w Gallagher’s absence - I still think he will pick it up.

Most likely Mantha for Drouin type swap

Back