• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

It’s going to end up being an enigma for enigma trade if Drouin situation doesn’t improve, he needs to pick it up w Gallagher’s absence - I still think he will pick it up.

Most likely Mantha for Drouin type swap

Exactly , term for term and players underachieving where maybe a change of scenery is what they need

I'm not convinced Drouin would get taken by Seattle if he's exposed to the expansion draft.

I think it's all but likely that Jake Allen will be taken, given how he's played this year & his contract.

Tatar has more than earned his cap hit in the 3 years he's been with us

His style of play will probably keep him effective well through his 30's...but i think another team will need to take that chance

Doesn't change the fact Drouin preferably needs a change of scenery

Bottom line is Suzuki and KK are not what some(including myself in case of Suzuki) got excited for.
Some would say it is too early, maybe... But they probably will not be the franchise C of this team and we keep struggling again in this position.

Tatar has more than earned his cap hit in the 3 years he's been with us

His style of play will probably keep him effective well through his 30's...but i think another team will need to take that chance

Doesn't change the fact Drouin preferably needs a change of scenery
Yeah he did ok...
20+ goal scorer.
Having a so so season but he will sign somewhere else for sure.

I'm not convinced Drouin would get taken by Seattle if he's exposed to the expansion draft.

I think it's all but likely that Jake Allen will be taken, given how he's played this year & his contract.
I wouldn't be so sure either, Seattle will have a plethora of goalies to choose from. There will be a couple of decent defensemen available from Montreal and they might very well go that way instead. If Drouin is available, he'd one of the better and youngest forward available at the draft, too tempting to pass in favor of a goalie that they can find an equivalent elsewhere.

Bottom line is Suzuki and KK are not what some(including myself in case of Suzuki) got excited for.
Some would say it is too early, maybe... But they probably will not be the franchise C of this team and we keep struggling again in this position.

They were never franchise centers

We just need 2 good centers something we haven’t had in decades

I wouldn't be so sure either, Seattle will have a plethora of goalies to choose from. There will be a couple of decent defensemen available from Montreal and they might very well go that way instead. If Drouin is available, he'd one of the better and youngest forward available at the draft, too tempting to pass in favor of a goalie that they can find an equivalent elsewhere.

It all comes down to what does Seattle want to do

Are they pressured to win now and keep up with Vegas

Do you they want young kids and go the development route

Calm down now.
Why calm down?

Tell me outside Montreal, which team would have given this guy top minutes year after year and disappoint year after year, and please don't come up with number of the assist. The guy is lazy a$$. Again as i said if his last name was Galchenyuk he was out long time a go.

at least 27 got us 17.

Last edited:
Back