• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Actually...it looks like it could be a sneaky good pickup.

We have too many bottom-pair defencemen already though.

Wonder if Merrill acquisition opens up potential for Kulak (salary) to be moved as part of a deal for a Dman, and leaving further cap space to upgrade at forward?

It’s not a bad deal as he’s better than Mete and probably Kulak, but I’d be annoyed if Dunn goes somewhere else for a decent price.

I can’t believe we still cannot develop a depth dmen and need to always trade for these type players

Is Cole eligible for a call up
I think he plays with us Wednesday or Friday at the latest. We’ll get smoked tomorrow by Matthews and Marner. Habs need two things: goals and a shot in the arm to get some energy. Caufield’s presence will at least, in the short term, accomplish the latter.

Last edited:
Laval plays Thursday, then Sunday....followed by a long stretch of 12 days off. That's when I figure he gets the call. Habs will ideally win a game or two before then....would hate to call up CC in the middle of a deadly slump -- too much pressure

Laval plays Thursday, then Sunday....followed by a long stretch of 12 days off. That's when I figure he gets the call. Habs will ideally win a game or two before then....would hate to call up CC in the middle of a deadly slump -- too much pressure
That also align with Habs heading out on a road trip, team bonding yada yada which makes timing sense

The rinks in Canada are empty. It’s not that much pressure, in that sense.

Back