• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Have a feeling KK or Suzuki will eventually be part of the deal, i am sure Habs are not happy with their progress. I mean i don't like MB but he did good last off season and was assuming the two kids continue on what they did during last playoff, which didn't happen.

Why calm down?

Tell me outside Montreal, which team would have given this guy top minutes year after year and disappoint year after year, and please don't come up with number of the assist. The guy is lazy a$$. Again as i said if his last name was Galchenyuk he was out long time a go.

at least 27 got us 17.

You make it sounds like Drouin is the worst player in the league.

No team will take a chance on this crap. Even holding half salary.
I mean Drouin vs anyone else and the other side could have been winner.

No doubt he's been a disappointment and he definitely got preferential treatment because 1) the Habs were banking on it becoming the local star that we haven't had in decades 2) the sheer level of skills this guy has.

I can't really blame his effort this season, he's trying. He's not Gallagher-trying, but he's working, forechecking and backchecking. He's still allergic to contact and still makes some boneheaded plays, but he's also creating chances every night. Not a lot, but some.

He still has value and if we were interested to trade him there would be interest. Absolutely certain that some teams will take a flyer on him hoping that a change of scenery will finally unlock his potential. But is he overpaid for his contribution? Hell yeah.

You make it sounds like Drouin is the worst player in the league.

No doubt he's been a disappointment and he definitely got preferential treatment because 1) the Habs were banking on it becoming the local star that we haven't had in decades 2) the sheer level of skills this guy has.

I can't really blame his effort this season, he's trying. He's not Gallagher-trying, but he's working, forechecking and backchecking. He's still allergic to contact and still makes some boneheaded plays, but he's also creating chances every night. Not a lot, but some.

He still has value and if we were interested to trade him there would be interest. Absolutely certain that some teams will take a flyer on him hoping that a change of scenery will finally unlock his potential. But is he overpaid for his contribution? Hell yeah.

Like Sal said , if he is traded its for one underachiever for another …..Mantha , Ghost as examples

Like Sal said , if he is traded its for one underachiever for another …..Mantha , Ghost as examples

I would agree, plenty of those around the league. Not Ghost though, that guy is available for free on waivers and will be available at the expansion draft.

we sure as hell not doing it for cap savings.....which will be zero

Back