• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

I mentioned Darche about a yr ago -- he might still be too green in terms of NHL experience. I don't know.

But definitely someone I would interview.

That's the other thing I hate about the process -- feels like only 3-4 guys get interviewed.

Considering you're hiring the CEO of your ice team, you'd think they would try harder than interview 3-4 trendy, obvious names.
That's how I see it too.

In a few years, sure, no issue. I doubt I'd want him if he were to interview tomorrow, though.

Louis Leblanc would’ve made a good GM had he decided to stay in hockey & go down that path...

Met him a few times at alum events, very smart guy. Helped out Crimson coaching staff while finishing off his degree. Works for a high tech consulting firm in Boston...doubt he ever gets back into hockey.

All sports are guilty. Baseball was the first to accept some nerds into the fold. All the other sports lag; NHL is prob the worst and even the xplayer pool is largely devoid of Euros
Have to admit I’ve been curious how Jaarmo K would do as Habs GM?

It’s unfortunate there are no Kyle Dubas’ in the QMJHL.
For all his quality, he inherited a team already with two superstars in Matthews and Marner, which is the hardest thing to acquire, plus Rielly and Nylander, and they still haven't won a playoff series.

Louis Leblanc would’ve made a good GM had he decided to stay in hockey & go down that path...

Met him a few times at alum events, very smart guy. Helped out Crimson coaching staff while finishing off his degree. Works for a high tech consulting firm in Boston...doubt he ever gets back into hockey.
I don't know about that. I think the way things ended with him in hockey might have soured his hockey worldview.

And to be frank, I'm not sure Leblanc ever really loved hockey that much. That's purely speculative on my part, though.

For all his quality, he inherited a team already with two superstars in Matthews and Marner, which is the hardest thing to acquire, plus Rielly and Nylander, and they still haven't won a playoff series.

Plus the cap blunder with JT that caused the ripple effect of dumping players and scrambling

Dubas was in the GM position when we drafted Marner, prior to Lou being hired. Almost every trace of Lou is already gone.

By the way, I noticed Tokarski landed in Buffalo. Has a .918 sv% in 10 games this yr.

Dubas was in the GM position when we drafted Marner, prior to Lou being hired. Almost every trace of Lou is already gone.

Fair enough, I forgot about his interim GM stint. My comment was not to give Lou some sort of credit, just pointing out that he inherited a team with the most important pieces already in place. He did a good job surrounding them though, but having a Matthews really help.

You know, watching Laval play I’m thinking Bouchard is the guy to take over the Habs from Bergevin. Maybe even as coach/GM for awhile.

Back