• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can do a 5 mile walking loop and never actually leave my "neighborhood"
I’ve played both courses at North Ridge and I get so turned around, I couldn’t tell you which way was up. Playing in a shotgun start on the Lakes course, starting on the 17th hole, I might was well be driving to Louisburg.

Jake Gardiner to LTIR is good news for the Canes cap management. If they so choose, the Canes could keep all of:

Aho
Svech
Staal
Turbo
KK
Necas
Fast
Martinook
Kase
Stastny
Jarvis
Pederson
Drury

Slavin
Burns
Skjei
Pesce
Bear
Coghlan
Chatfield

Freddie
Raanta

On the roster and use just Gardiner to LTIR to remain cap compliant. We could even add another low cost forward or Dman to the roster.

That said, even better would be trading Bear for a pick and sending Lane Pederson to the minors (if he is claimed, who cares) and operating below the cap ceiling cleanly and banking some cap space and not having to operate under LTIR at all. How the Canes manage this is still TBD, obviously pre-season injuries might play a part in the direction the Canes take.

I hope Waddell et al decide to manage the cap in such a way that we don’t have to make unusual moves to bring in another Tie Domi at the deadline. I’d like for us to have more flexibility than we had last year and bring in more of an impact player.

I hope Waddell et al decide to manage the cap in such a way that we don’t have to make unusual moves to bring in another Tie Domi at the deadline. I’d like for us to have more flexibility than we had last year and bring in more of an impact player.
The impact player at the deadline will be Pacioretty…that’s a nice add to the roster for the new year if he in fact can comeback from that Achilles injury. The Gardiner situation is just weird on so many levels…no one really wants to explain what is going on, maybe someday when he retires it will all come out.

Sara Civian just tweeted that she joined Bleacher Report. Her first article is posted, Dos and Don‘ts for the Preseason.

Sara Civian just tweeted that she joined Bleacher Report. Her first article is posted, Dos and Don‘ts for the Preseason.

Hmmm. Not really a fan of how Bleacher Report does their thing, but I guess they're less obnoxious now that they're not a straight up content farm with comedically low editorial standards.

What a weird situation with this guy
Yeah. Agreed. I really don't understand how this whole thing was handled this summer and why. Waddell obviously felt compelled to make noises about him being ready to come back for some less than obvious reason and it would be really nice to know exactly what drove that.

I’ve played both courses at North Ridge and I get so turned around, I couldn’t tell you which way was up. Playing in a shotgun start on the Lakes course, starting on the 17th hole, I might was well be driving to Louisburg.
Yeah, some courses do that to you ... and not just the sprawling double 18s. Have you ever played Mid Pines down in Southern Pines? You can get REALLY lost on that one and it's basically on land the size of a postage stamp.

Yeah. Agreed. I really don't understand how this whole thing was handled this summer and why. Waddell obviously felt compelled to make noises about him being ready to come back for some less than obvious reason and it would be really nice to know exactly what drove that.
He played in the DaBeauty League for at least a few games. I guess something happened?

Yeah, some courses do that to you ... and not just the sprawling double 18s. Have you ever played Mid Pines down in Southern Pines? You can get REALLY lost on that one and it's basically on land the size of a postage stamp.
That’s a big no. My game is in no shape to play a Donald Ross course.

That’s a big no. My game is in no shape to play a Donald Ross course.
That one's fairly toothless as Ross courses go. That one and Grove Park in Asheville are decent starter Rosses. You can feel the danger lurking but it never really gets there. Freaking Pine Needles on the other hand ... that one will kick your butt in a red hot hurry. Forget No. 2. It's dangerous, but it's obvious ... like blunt force trauma. Pine Needles looks like a Royal Botanical garden and will absolutely shred a mid handicapper's life.

Hmmm. Not really a fan of how Bleacher Report does their thing, but I guess they're less obnoxious now that they're not a straight up content farm with comedically low editorial standards.
So, that web site of theirs. I go to the home page, as one would do, click on the NHL link at the top of the site, and...nothing but links to tweets and other sites' content. Cannot find the Civian article anywhere. Is this what BR does? Just link to other content and bury their own? What a frustrating experience.

So, that web site of theirs. I go to the home page, as one would do, click on the NHL link at the top of the site, and...nothing but links to tweets and other sites' content. Cannot find the Civian article anywhere. Is this what BR does? Just link to other content and bury their own? What a frustrating experience.
I mean, they suck. Always have. They just suck in different ways then when they used to con college kids into writing "content" for "exposure" and call it alternative sports reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back