• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Forman says they sold out the first allotment. Key note that it’s only the first allotment, not a sold out stadium.

Mike Forman and other individuals in the Canes office shouldn't be the only ones out there dealing with this issue. NHL issue or not, the communications on this whole thing have been insultingly bad. The team washed its hands of the thing, which is sort of ridiculous, and the league communicated exactly the way they always do ... sparsely and from great height with their noses in the air.

Mike Forman and other individuals in the Canes office shouldn't be the only ones out there dealing with this issue. NHL issue or not, the communications on this whole thing have been insultingly bad. The team washed its hands of the thing, which is sort of ridiculous, and the league communicated exactly the way they always do ... sparsely and from great height with their noses in the air.
IMO, calling it “insultingly bad” undersells just how brutal it was. From the email on Monday with no information other than check your email on Tuesday to the email with the link released literally at the stroke of 10:00, they botched the communication in every way possible. In the meantime, thousands of mini-plan holders were left twisting in the wind, seeing what looks like a sold out stadium, or dramatically inflated resale prices, with no other opportunity for them to buy.

IMO, calling it “insultingly bad” undersells just how brutal it was. From the email on Monday with no information other than check your email on Tuesday to the email with the link released literally at the stroke of 10:00, they botched the communication in every way possible. In the meantime, thousands of mini-plan holders were left twisting in the wind, seeing what looks like a sold out stadium, or dramatically inflated resale prices, with no other opportunity for them to buy.
That pretty much sums it up perfectly! No communication whatsoever to even your mini plan holders is pretty much a giant FU from the org, let's remember that even mini plan holders still make a pretty solid overall core of your organizations season ticket base. A simple email communication or a statement on the process is not much to ask...but just passing things off to the league and saying we do not have anything to do with the process is just a terrible position to take and frankly just plain lazy and unaccountable.

While most of the blame rests directly and appropriately on the league itself, there's no doubt the Canes organization could have communicated better with their fanbase. You'd think this sort of crap must have happened at all the previous Winter Classic games, so why haven't the owners learned from it and done something about it?

I never felt so bad about buying tickets before - no time to consider options or even think - just grab some seats before they're gone.

While most of the blame rests directly and appropriately on the league itself, there's no doubt the Canes organization could have communicated better with their fanbase. You'd think this sort of crap must have happened at all the previous Winter Classic games, so why haven't the owners learned from it and done something about it?

I never felt so bad about buying tickets before - no time to consider options or even think - just grab some seats before they're gone.
Yeah, once they posted where the shoot twice end was, I just grabbed the first group of 6 consecutive seats I could find in the sections I had identified.

That's how it feels to be treated with exactly as much respect as the NHL actually has for you, a full season ticket holder for one of their franchises. Which, of course, is no respect at all. The league treats us like peons and saps because under Bettman's leadership, that's all we are.

And look ... my ticket minion is back in town next week, so I'll fire up the obligatory email when he's back. He'll pass along the company line of bull in return and nobody will care about any of it in a month's time. Same as always. There's a dance to be done and we all know our roles by now.

For an organization and ownership who has sold themselves as trying to have a fun fan experience, and selling a top-notch product product and experience, this was sheer laziness at best or ineptitude at worst. How hard would it have been to do 1 or 2 email blasts to your STMs and loop them in on how the pre-sale will run. Too easy to blame the NHL when your org has been pressing hard for an outdoor game.

At the risk of having everyone get mad at me, I'll comment that my Stadium Series ticket purchase went really smoothly. I got an email right at 10AM with a link to Ticketmonster, clicked on it, waited in a queue for about 60 seconds, and then was able to find a block of eight tickets in section 5--four in row FF and four right behind those in GG (just above the CC row that jeffbear recommended)--and I was done. I got pretty much what I wanted in about five minutes,

At the risk of having everyone get mad at me, I'll comment that my Stadium Series ticket purchase went really smoothly. I got an email right at 10AM with a link to Ticketmonster, clicked on it, waited in a queue for about 60 seconds, and then was able to find a block of eight tickets in section 5--four in row FF and four right behind those in GG (just above the CC row that jeffbear recommended)--and I was done. I got pretty much what I wanted in about five minutes,
It’s not that you had good, smooth experience , but that many folks didn’t and given the lack of info for STMs, it’s frustrating.

It’s not that you had good, smooth experience , but that many folks didn’t and given the lack of info for STMs, it’s frustrating.
Both can be true. My experience was pretty close to what HeyKurtz had. I waited in queue for less than 2 minutes after entering with 370 people ahead of me, found my tickets and plunked down my credit card. But it doesn’t excuse the appalling lack of communication and the more chaotic than it needed to be rollout.

I'm so angry at you :0)

I was worried about spending money on stadium jersey, 25th anniversary jersey, etc.. but I already got this one in the closet; in fact I think there's a pair that just need names/numbers.

I have a blank that my daughter wore in the 2005 opening night ceremony. It’s signed by the immortal Niklas Nordgren, the player she accompanied on the ice, but getting a name/number won’t be difficult. Either that or I’ll wear it as a blank.

Walt Ruff tweeted that they’ll be wearing the reds 12 times this year. They’re allowed 15 alternates, I assume they’re reserving 1 for the outdoor game and another for Whalers night. But leaving 1 on the table is unlike this marketing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back