• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up getting a few on each side. Was like playing a game of whack-a-mole. Those things were disappearing as fast as you clicked on them.

I was #358 when I entered the queue but got to the front in less than 2 minutes. I’m in section 22, row KK for $225 each player, which I though was reasonable and not “dynamic” in the grand pricing scheme. They’re roughly equivalent to my PNC tickets.

Ended up getting a few on each side. Was like playing a game of whack-a-mole. Those things were disappearing as fast as you clicked on them.
THIS. I went in right at 10am, was like #135 in queue when I got through the initial page, then picked like 8 sets of 'em in different places on West side without worrying too much about price, just wanted mid-way-ish up West side as close as I could get to center, and each time either before I could move my mouse over to the verify tickets button, or after I clicked it and before the next screen came up, it would tell me someone beat me to them. I was looking for a set of 3 and a set of 4, either together or separate (not reselling any BTW), and I got pushed over to the corner in Sec 23 row BB & 24 AA before I could get 7 confirmed. $195 each + fees, so $212/ea... Not bad on that account, I was figuring I'd be paying around $300 after fees, but I couldn't get them clicked fast enough.

Ridiculously stressful.

Last edited:
The whole thing is a disaster and in this day and age that is simply inexcusable with the technology available...you are going to have partial STH folks that never get a chance to get a sniff at tickets and that is just wrong on so many levels. It's pretty much a given anymore that this resale market racket is simply a way for the league and the team to be in cahoots with Ticketmaster to double and triple the price of tickets for big events like this with huge demand, no one ever really knows how many of these tickets are being held back for "league use".

I got in without waiting in a queue, but the ticket availability seemed pretty limited and whole sections were not available. Each time I tried to get a group of tickets together, they would disappear right before my eyes and I had to search elsewhere. I ended up ordering 7 tickets in the end zone (section 211) which are pretty crappy - for $125 each. When I went back to show my wife how absurd this was, I saw more sections open than when I went on the first time. Sick.

From past experiences, it would not surprise me if they released more tickets as the morning progresses.

From past experiences, it would not surprise me if they released more tickets as the morning progresses.
Yeah, that's the thing innit? Because of the opacity of the process, we don't know what they made available or if they staged the release to give some access later on to partial STMs and the general public. I know the ticket office would have been absolutely slammed answering questions ahead of time if they had attempted to make the process clear ... but the alternative is basically ticking off EVERYBODY and leaving people feeling like they were treated poorly.

Oh ... a Caps season ticket holder friend texted me that he purchased seats basically the same time that I did. Did they make THAT public? That Caps STHers would have early access as well?

Oh ... a Caps season ticket holder friend texted me that he purchased seats basically the same time that I did. Did they make THAT public? That Caps STHers would have early access as well?
That's what I and a friend of mine guessed, that their STM must have had equal timeslot availability....

Multiple sources, none with the Canes, tell me that there will be tickets held back and available for partial STMs as well as the general public. I know the Ticketmaster system has the capability to automatically remove tickets from inventory as a sale rolls out, and when they turn on that feature it certainly can look like it did today ... where you'd click a seat and four would immediately disappear from the map.

Again, telling people what the plan was going in is both fair to your customers and less likely to get you unfairly lambasted. Either way though, the tickets were never gonna be cheap and some people are going to scream about scalpers even with the best controls. That's why it's important to treat your customers with respect and let them know the pricing, the rules and the general intent ahead of time.

Thanks to some great STMs I have my seats, and seats for Judge Wapner.

Thanks to some sucky STMs there are seats online now for $1000.

Edited to add: After like 20 years of knowing some of you, hope to put faces with names in February!

Yeah, we need to have a meet up ... says the most anti-social person here. Looks like more than a few of us are on the West side, but we can touch base once everybody has their ducats sorted out.

The board put on a big todo last time Ray was in town, he has talked about it on the podcast several times how welcome everyone made him feel.

I would like to join a meetup, but it would have to be the night before the game or something since there is no way in hell I can afford any of those tickets.

I was left out in the cold today on my first attempt to secure face value tickets lower level, when I went in they had nosebleeds and very little of four in a row or even two. It was a mess, hopefully there will another opportunity.

I'm not sure when partial season ticket holders have their window, but in theory full ticket holders' window goes to midnight on Sept 18. I suspect that they might release additional seats during this week, keep the faith and keep an eye out.

I found trying to get tix a giant cluster*%£#! Multiple times I went to check out and “my” tix were sold. Ended up in a nosebleed section. The lack of information and transparency was frustrating. I don’t care if the NHL or Ticketmaster ran the show, the Canes front office owes its STMs a better deal. After 17 years as a full plan holder, it feels disrespectful. I know a guy who’s been a STM since Greensboro and got nothing. Also, why not on a Saturday? Screws folks who work.

The board put on a big todo last time Ray was in town, he has talked about it on the podcast several times how welcome everyone made him feel.
It was a total blast have Ray and Carolyn visit last time. We cooked a pig in the parking lot for the first night's feast & everybody brought their best side dishes and plenty of extra adult beverages to share. The second night we did a low country boil with plenty to go around. Two home Hurricane wins on consecutive nights was the cherry on top.

Sadly, since then five members of that tailgate group have passed away, due to various ailments, disease, and misfortune. The rest of the group disintegrated. So, enjoy every day you get, make every meal a banquet, and treat every day as a holiday.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back