• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me why some of the seats at Carter Finley have seats and some are just bleachers? How does that work and what should I expect for the Stadium series game?

When I look at the actual bleachers there are seats on only some of them? Is that some sort of upgrade that NC State ticket holders pay for?

When I look at the actual bleachers there are seats on only some of them? Is that some sort of upgrade that NC State ticket holders pay for?

Yes. Season ticket holders can purchase ‘seat backs’ every season for an extra charge if they wish. That’s why you only see them in certain areas. I think they like $70/season

Sad news today. Former Canes Equipment Manger and skate guru Wally Tatomir died this morning. He was 76. His talent was available to anyone who wandered into the RecZone. He was always there, even during the 2003-04 lookout. My daughter was playing for the first time and even she could notice the difference between blades he had sharpened and those sharpened by someone else. And when time came to replace the blades, Wally did it.

Wally was a great guy, if you ever had the chance to talk to the man when he wasn’t knee deep in Canes work he had so many great stories to tell. As a kid I use to go to a ton of London Knights games and Wally’s Windsor Spitfires were the evil enemy, he remembered just about every game I threw at him when we chatted. Just a great man and an expert at his craft.

Explaining, not defending here, because it's asinine ... Wolfpack Club members can purchase "permanent" seat back/cushion thingies, and others can rent a portable version. You can also feel free to lug in your own cushion/seat back so long as it meets whatever the current security policy might be on that particular day. This only applies to seating in the original part of the stadium. The seats in the end zone sections are more normal. For the record, you WILL want a cushion on those aluminum benches in February. So, if you can't mine the internet and find out if your seat has a permanent contraption on it, be safe and bring something yourself. You can get away with one of old school cushions without any metal framing, unless they completely screw up security rules between now and then.

Oh ... pro tip. If you got one of the seats with a permanent seat back, then you have to lift the seat cushion to know the seat number. Those are marked on the aluminum bleachers themselves. And the seat back tilts FORWARD, not back. Fun, right?

Don't even get me started on parking.

Last edited:
Sad news today. Former Canes Equipment Manger and skate guru Wally Tatomir died this morning. He was 76. His talent was available to anyone who wandered into the RecZone. He was always there, even during the 2003-04 lookout. My daughter was playing for the first time and even she could notice the difference between blades he had sharpened and those sharpened by someone else. And when time came to replace the blades, Wally did it.

RIP ... he was my around the corner neighbor for a long time. I spent a lot of time talking to him while out walking he dogs. Truly decent fellow.

Explaining, not defending here, because it's asinine ... Wolfpack Club members can purchase "permanent" seat back/cushion thingies, and others can rent a portable version. You can also feel free to lug in your own cushion/seat back so long as it meets whatever the current security policy might be on that particular day. This only applies to seating in the original part of the stadium. The seats in the end zone sections are more normal. For the record, you WILL want a cushion on those aluminum benches in February. So, if you can't mine the internet and find out if your seat has a permanent contraption on it, be safe and bring something yourself. You can get away with one of old school cushions without any metal framing, unless they completely screw up security rules between now and then.

Oh ... pro tip. If you got one of the seats with a permanent seat back, then you have to lift the seat cushion to know the seat number. Those are marked on the aluminum bleachers themselves. And the seat back tilts FORWARD, not back. Fun, right?

Don't even get me started on parking.
I’ve sat on one of the permanent seat cushions for a concert at the stadium. Ugh. The forward tilt was almost enough to make me feel like I was going to topple over into the row in front of me. One other thing about aluminum bench seating…when I was in college, we hosted the Clancy Brothers on St. Patrick’s Day. Lots of “grown-ups” packed into our little 3,300 capacity field house for it. The seats were bleachers, much like the stadium and they couldn’t understand that they needed to center their butt on the seat number and yes, I know you have 10 in the row and you’re packed like sardines, but there are 12 seats in the row. I suspect we might see the same at the stadium.

Parking? We made a strategic error by going to the Fairgrounds home show on Saturday. Got there at about 1, knowing there was a football game at 7. Edwards Mill was OK, but Trinity was a disaster.

I’ve sat on one of the permanent seat cushions for a concert at the stadium. Ugh. The forward tilt was almost enough to make me feel like I was going to topple over into the row in front of me. One other thing about aluminum bench seating…when I was in college, we hosted the Clancy Brothers on St. Patrick’s Day. Lots of “grown-ups” packed into our little 3,300 capacity field house for it. The seats were bleachers, much like the stadium and they couldn’t understand that they needed to center their butt on the seat number and yes, I know you have 10 in the row and you’re packed like sardines, but there are 12 seats in the row. I suspect we might see the same at the stadium.

Parking? We made a strategic error by going to the Fairgrounds home show on Saturday. Got there at about 1, knowing there was a football game at 7. Edwards Mill was OK, but Trinity was a disaster.
Yeah, that's the other thing about the seat cushions ... permanent or not ... they defend your seat and whatever sense of personal space you are allowed in that setting. All bench seating football stadiums are similar, but people who are only used to indoor arenas or pro stadiums really struggle. I grew up in that stadium, so ... whatever. That place rocks when it's a good game, that's for sure, and some of that is down to sitting cheek to jowl with your neighbors.

Stalker. 😉

Of course, the Wake County tax records are online, so anyone can stalk anyone else…
I don’t even know his name to do that research. Pretty sure his house isn’t under “Jeff Bear” lol. But if he live/lived near Wally then I have been there 1000 times

You’ve been around so long, I figured you knew it.
i am sure I knew at one point but at this stage I’m just lucky to remember my own name.

I’ll be heading to Wally’s funeral once I get the details. I just spoke with him on Facebook a couple weeks ago. He lives in Boone and I was up there when App and UNC played and we were hoping to get together. Unfortunately it didn’t work out which is really unfortunate considering what has happened ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back