• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Kent Hughes named GM - 5 year deal

Apparently Kevin Weekes is a serious candidate for the AGM job here. Reggie will love that.

Last edited:

This is more of the Rejean that I expected on Wednesday (the part about Geoff Molson).
LOL , only in Quebec would a newspaper allow such a vulgar article to be posted.

I remember once dining in a fairly upscale restaurant in Quebec City, the customers and the owner/bartender dressed formally. Then out of nowhere, the bartender is conversing with a well dressed customer, swear words in French peppering the dialogue loudly that all customers can hear it. Nobody flinches...but I am thinking to myself, no way this would be tolerated in Ontario.

What are you talking about? This was always a package deal. Gorton told Molson what the deal was.

I'm giving Molson the kudos for growing some balls.

Yup even though he was chicken shit to be transparent

They played it smart naming and interviewing candidates to make it look thorough

Forced to due to bullshit politics

I see it differently.

Even if I had an incredibly strong bias going in, I would still take the opportunity to research and interview other candidates. Talking doesn't cost a dime, and you will undoubtedly learn something during the process.

Plus, there are other positions to fill....and who knows, there was always a chance Hughes would get cold feet and opt to remain in his current cushy company.

I see it differently.

Even if I had an incredibly strong bias going in, I would still take the opportunity to research and interview other candidates. Talking doesn't cost a dime, and you will undoubtedly learn something during the process.

Plus, there are other positions to fill....and who knows, there was always a chance Hughes would get cold feet and opt to remain in his current cushy company.
Yes, it was not a complete done deal that Hughes would be GM when Gorton took over. Maybe 95 percent but not 100.

giphy.gif

Back