• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Kent Hughes named GM - 5 year deal

Mathias Brunet likes it a lot.

Anyway, the Habs are in last place and just got rolled by a team that barely exists. These guys have plenty of rope, for now.

The early days of their tenure, assuming it’s 5 years, will be almost entirely determined by how they handle Carey Price.

Price , Gally, Petry should be moved

They will be judged by the direction they take

Fans want direction and a path to success

It's a little encouraging that they're willing to go with an Anglo who speaks French rather than forcing a p'tit gars de chez nous into the role, regardless of talent. Of course, he's got a massive hole to dig himself out of, so it's not an easy job for sure.
The latter is likely why they came as a team btw. That's what I've heard anyway.

Can't wait to tell Kent that he's gay for Jeff.

Price , Gally, Petry should be moved

They will be judged by the direction they take

Fans want direction and a path to success

The real fans do. The casual fans think we are 1-2 players away from competing and anything can happen in the playoffs. The fact is, as of now, I have a trust on the management side. When's the last time we were able to truly say that? Let's shore up scouting/development and then we can start the fire sale!

As good as any other candidate. What matters is the support staff (AGM, Head Scout).

Agreed with above. Petry, Gally, Price situations will indicate how the rebuild will happen. I dont think it's just Price but a combination of all 3.

For people in the who say that these guys have earned the right to choose where they go, well they had the right to become UFA's but they signed it away. So ..

**I know, I know NMC/NTC are at work here**

We have brains, negotiating skills, hockey knowledge, experience in rebuilding at the top now. We did this by hiring the best available. Incredible that it took this damn long.

The real fans do. The casual fans think we are 1-2 players away from competing and anything can happen in the playoffs. The fact is, as of now, I have a trust on the management side. When's the last time we were able to truly say that? Let's shore up scouting/development and then we can start the fire sale!

Team is 6 players away from being 4 years away

even if they do everything right they still need a big scoop of luck

sometimes G-D hands you Auston Matthews, other years you get Nico Hischier

This is amazing. Looking forward reading the racist media response...
I suspect that Rejean Tremblay will never refer to him as simply Kent Hughes but rather "Le West Islander" Kent Hughes, the same way he refers to Gorton as "Mister Gorton" or "L'American".

Expect to see the word "humiliation" mentioned frequently in Tremblay's next column. A humiliation for Quebec, a humiliation of the fan base, yada, yada, yada.

Gorton was never going to work with anyone he didnt trust or know well

One good thing to come of this ....the door is open finally for non francophone executives to get hired
And that same door is closed to the francophone media, who will no longer have a stooge in the front office who provides them with leaks.

Another thing is that Hughes won't just be a figure head, he'll have a real voice and real powers in the organization.
He will definitely be less of a puppet than any francophone candidate would have been. Just like Gorton, Hughes has accepted a job that he neither needed nor pursued. They came to him. They knocked his socks off, not the other way around.

Patrick Roy, on the other hand, clearly felt he needed the job and shamelessly campaigned for it through the media. Which candidate would you rather have?

Back