• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Kent Hughes named GM - 5 year deal

BTW, I will never stop laughing at the fact the Habs are now under the authority of a thick Boston accent

Gorton looks like he's ready to get into a bar fight every time he talks. This was the best line so far from Kent, he wants a team that can win every year, not just 1 year or 2 years. That to me means he's on board with a good rebuild.

he looks like he could play a heavy in the next Avengers film

I still don't understand why the media is so focused on all the other candidates. Like come on already. Stop asking the same question 10 times.

Gorton looks like he's ready to get into a bar fight every time he talks. This was the best line so far from Kent, he wants a team that can win every year, not just 1 year or 2 years. That to me means he's on board with a good rebuild.
iirc MB said the same...at first

iirc MB said the same...at first

they all say the same thing..."stick with the long term plan and don't overreact to day to day noise" but its harder to execute than talk about it

I still don't understand why the media is so focused on all the other candidates. Like come on already. Stop asking the same question 10 times.
Trying to phish for the reasons why French candidates were rejected. i.e like the buddy system for hiring Hughes.

Trying to phish for the reasons why French candidates were rejected. i.e like the buddy system for hiring Hughes.

I think they were trying to see if any of those candidates could be considered for the other vacancies

What did Kent say on the advanced metrics and how to use them? My french isn't that great.

not much....he's a fan of analytics and wants everyone in the org to be on the same page

that's very different from Bergevin who basically said "its another tool for us to use (when convenient)"

Another small takeaway: as an agent, he's well versed in knowing why players join certain teams. Besides $$, players might be attracted by a solid franchise, the chance to win a Cup, the chance to move up the depth chart to increase their stock, etc

Another small takeaway: as an agent, he's well versed in knowing why players join certain teams. Besides $$, players might be attracted by a solid franchise, the chance to win a Cup, the chance to move up the depth chart to increase their stock, etc
And I think that’s part of the strategy in hiring Hughes - how to make the Habs a more desired team to play for

Back