• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

H
Yes. Poehling may be all of an 8-10 goal scorer. Except for 25 games at Laval last year and one game against the Leafs, he has never shown much offense at any level. We'll see.
If he can score a hat trick every time we play the Leafs he's worth keeping just for that. I wouldn't even care that he never scored otherwise.

So apparently the Canes have an extension set already at around $4m with KK. If course that is illegal under the CBA.

I want nothing to do with this dude now. This is not remotely the same offer sheet we offered. They can have him.

When they were drafted, we were told that Tkachuk was the more NHL ready of the two but that KK was the one with a higher upside. But given the Habs' track record in "developing" talent, perhaps their best move would have been to draft the kid who was plug-n-play.
All future Habs first round picks should from now on be the most NHL ready player. If the Habs get the 3rd overall pick in the 2022 draft, they have to draw the most NHL ready player, they are not good with players that need development to reach their potential.

All future Habs first round picks should from now on be the most NHL ready player. If the Habs get the 3rd overall pick in the 2022 draft, they have to draw the most NHL ready player, they are not good with players that need development to reach their potential.

Habs first rounders should be renamed most never ready for the NHL player

We would have had a much better track record trading our first round pick every single year for actual NHL players.

I want nothing to do with this dude now. This is not remotely the same offer sheet we offered. They can have him.
I say sign the offer sheet and play the crap out of him at centre next season. See if he's worth 6 million or a contract extension. If not , just let him go or trade him for the best offer. I don't think the compensation is attractive enough anyway. And this will be a good lesson for him if he doesn't produce and the press eat him alive.

I say sign the offer sheet and play the crap out of him at centre next season. See if he's worth 6 million or a contract extension. If not , just let him go or trade him for the best offer. I don't think the compensation is attractive enough anyway. And this will be a good lesson for him if he doesn't produce and the press eat him alive.

It all comes down to what is the bigger risk

match and hope he pans out or take 2 good picks

There is no middle ground .....he sucks your not getting a first

Back