• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

Yup. Plus the petty bonus of having a 21 year old kid sit on pins and needles because you just know he is, we were all 21 once.
Maybe. Either way he knows he’s getting $6M. The only question is where. That buys a lot of relief from pins and needles.

…obviously he’s hoping for Carolina right? 😁

Maybe. Either way he knows he’s getting $6M. The only question is where. That buys a lot of relief from pins and needles.

…obviously he’s hoping for Carolina right? 😁
You can have him if it lands us Dvorak

Melnyck IS a cheap bastard, but are you willing to bet he's cheap enough not to match a relatively reasonable offer sheet for Tkachuk? Or are you willing to grossly over-pay for a player that has probably already shown his ceiling? I mean, for me it's a no in both cases ... and that's not even comparing to anyone, let alone KK specifically.

Ottawa will gladly take 3-4 firsts from a team for a stupid OS for BT

They're also discussing extension if they match. There's a lot going on for Bergy.

For all of what KK has shown, Poehling has shown even less and needs to be sheltered as well.
Yes. Poehling may be all of an 8-10 goal scorer. Except for 25 games at Laval last year and one game against the Leafs, he has never shown much offense at any level. We'll see.

It's a false equivalency to say that KK is better or viewed as the better player based on him receiving a QO and BT not.

A. Every team is in a different situation with their cap. Ottawa can easily match any offer.

2. We don't know if BT has received any offers and turned them down.
  • Revenge. This definitely played a factor.

To say that KK is viewed as the better player because he got signed an offersheet and BT didn't would mean that he's the best unsigned RFA in the league.
When they were drafted, we were told that Tkachuk was the more NHL ready of the two but that KK was the one with a higher upside. But given the Habs' track record in "developing" talent, perhaps their best move would have been to draft the kid who was plug-n-play.

Back