• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

It's a really poor return for KK. And we're already super thin at center. Finally it's just one year.

Also I like KK. :)
I like KK a lot too. I just can't picture paying him $6.1m... and turning down a 1st and a 3rd while we're at it.

I'd be tempted to not match.

Agreed , we will stink this year with Weber gone

Might as well go hard tank in a great draft year

Canes might slip a bit , their pick might be decent

6 mil is too much if KK doesn’t turn it up a huge notch this year

Ugh… I like KK, he scored some big goals this playoffs but I don’t think I’d match with that salary even if the likely low 1st and 3rd isn’t enough for him.

I’d let him go to Carolina. I’ve always been high on him. But so far he has disappointed but he still has time as he is super young.

Looking at from Carolina's point of view, this is really stupid.

What? $6.1M for a guy who hasn't shown he's more than a third line center? And if he doesn't play better, you have to give him an increase on the $6.1M or let him walk?

Yeah, good luck with that.

I like KK a lot too. I just can't picture paying him $6.1m... and turning down a 1st and a 3rd while we're at it.

I wouldn't trade KK for Carolina 1st and 3rd. Then you have to factor the contract, which i care less about, especially since it's a year.

Back