• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

Nope. Can only go to (at lowest) 85% of his salary.
Read that post after.

So ya.

I think if MB let's his emotions get involved it is to say fuck off kk you are not loyal. Not that his ego forces him to match.

I don't know about that. They screwed him either way.

The decision should be easy. With or without Kotkaniemi, this team and its' centerline is bad. Build through the draft and let Carolina worry about paying him in the future.
The current GM does not have that kind of time. Unlike you, he’s not just a fan, his continued employment depends on winning in the very near term.

Canes added DAngelo, lost Hamilton, and do they even have a goalie? This pick might end up being better than we think.
Freddie is their goalie, and on a stacked team like that he’s sufficient for regular season hockey.

The current GM does not have that kind of time. Unlike you, he’s not just a fan, his continued employment depends on winning in the very near term.
No it doesn't.

He, based on reports, received an extension offer near the end of a tumultuous season and chose not to sign it. He hasn't exactly been winning much of anything prior to receiving that contract offer.

I think MB has to match. Giving up on a 3rd overall pick so soon for a 20 something overall pick, the optics look pretty bad.

I definitely prefer Mrazek and Ned to Andersen and Raanta.

Raanta is good, I think, but he’s ridiculously injury prone. And Andersen is a tire fire. So goaltending could easily be a problem for them next year.

And on defense, swapping out Hamilton & Bean for DeAngelo & Bear seems...problematic.

he’s get a pass after last year and he will have one more excuse when the Habs invariably miss the playoffs next year

Captain Weber missed the year
Price is not a .930 goalie
They stole our second line centre

Last edited:
Back