• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

Bergy move was dumb and pointless — would only be smart if he had foolproof intel that the Canes billionaire owner was in deep trouble
There was a point: trying to show Geoff and the fans that he was trying. It was just dumb. You don’t do it unless you know it will work otherwise . . . THIS could happen.

Bigger issue for me: why is an as of now lame duck GM still allowed to be running the team? This is completely irresponsible on Geoff’s part.

I bet they are more worried than anything.

If I were them I'd be pretty concerned that the Habs don't match. Extremely expensive third line centre that hasn't shown much improvement that would put them over the cap and lose a first and a third.
And I don't think KK's playing center in Carolina.

Unless MB has another second line center in tow by the matching deadline, he will match the offer, regardless of any potential negative long term implications and irrespective of KK’s actual value. It’s as simple as that. He has one year left on his contract, he’s not worried about 2 or 3 years from now.

Nero saved his future employment somewhere with his moves last offseason

He makes good trades and some team will bite , maybe not at the GM level

He can make solutions d money and less pressure elsewhere and wouldn’t surprise me if he goes back to the Hawks

I bet they are more worried than anything.

If I were them I'd be pretty concerned that the Habs don't match. Extremely expensive third line centre that hasn't shown much improvement that would put them over the cap and lose a first and a third.

If we match it will force the coach to play him more and live with the mistakes

The safe Dano play is no longer an option

Nero saved his future employment somewhere with his moves last offseason

He makes good trades and some team will bite , maybe not at the GM level

He can make solutions d money and less pressure elsewhere and wouldn’t surprise me if he goes back to the Hawks
I’m fully expecting him to become the LA Kings GM next summer.

I don't blame Carolina for doing this. Bergevin should have known how the thinking works among his peers. Careless move on his part last summer.

I'm not sure how the team should now handle this.

I don't blame Carolina for doing this. Bergevin should have known how the thinking works among his peers. Careless move on his part last summer.

I'm not sure how the team should now handle this.
It’s one guy, the Canes owner. It’s not any of his peers. There have only been 10 offer sheets signed in 25 years.

I agree with Thick Guy(Bodygaurd), let him walk, it is not about 6 M, it is just one year, but the impact will remain for many years, he will fcuk things up for others(Nick), and he is overrated anyway.

What a failure of a draft pick! And I won’t put this on KK. I put it on The Habs. Dude should have never been in the nhl at 18/19. Man this team needs to find out how to develop their young players or pick the players that can actually develop. We cannot be failing on these top draft picks. KK and Galchenyuk.

What a failure of a draft pick! And I won’t put this on KK. I put it on The Habs. Dude should have never been in the nhl at 18/19. Man this team needs to find out how to develop their young players or pick the players that can actually develop. We cannot be failing on these top draft picks. KK and Galchenyuk.
The Charlatan has shown minimal, if any at all, interest in actual player development.

With the exception of Jake Evans, who developed mostly on his own at Notre Dame, far away from the grasp of this organization, every other player we drafted during The Charlatan's reign of incompetence and was a regular in our lineup last year became an NHL regular before (if ever) playing an AHL game. (Caufield is going to break the mold this season, with a whopping 2 AHL games)

Mete, Kotkaniemi, Romanov, Suzuki.

This season's magical run doesn't fool me. This organization has been poorly run for a decade.

Back