• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Laval Rocket Thread

Sure.

But!

Under the premise that this team is going to be competitive two, maybe three years from now.

Do you think we're going to be swimming in cap space or do you think, in the most likely of scenarios, we'll have spent to the cap? I'll take the latter.

If we aren't swimming in capspace, where did the money go to? As mentioned a few posts above, we've got some players on the roster that need to get paid. We'll have probably signed a B or C level UFA to replace Savard or to fill in as a forward. The money's getting tied up in younger and (probably) more important players than Newhook.

I think there's almost no chance we're going to be trying to compete all the while having tons of capspace, not how this team's been currently constructed.

So what do you do with Newhook? If he underperforms, do you really want to sign him to a 5-6 year contract? And if he performs to the level he is now, without taking in the possibility of improvement, do you want to give him his retirement contract? When >80% of those contracts end up sucking?
This is way too much angst over Alex Newhook.

I appreciate the "worry" and looking ahead to 2027 but it's a little much in this case

Last edited:
Alex Newhook will put up 55-60 points next yr and shut everyone up
45-55

But WTF did they expect? Lehkonen was a seasoned glue guy while Newhook is still finding his way.

Furthermore there's Barron and if he doesn't plan out they'll get a second for him and the road of that trade continues.

45-55

But WTF did they expect? Lehkonen was a seasoned glue guy while Newhook is still finding his way.

Furthermore there's Barron and if he doesn't plan out they'll get a second for him and the road of that trade continues.
Lehkonen and Newhook were separate trades

Rocket lose 6-4. Two assists for Mailloux.

2 points behind Belleville for the last playoff spot, with 3 games left, Belleville has 5.

I think that pretty much kills the playoff chances. Might as well play Xhekaj junior, Tuch , Hutson whatever the rest of the way.

And no contract renewal for Houle.

Rocket win 5-1. The 1st line showed up.

Maillet: 1G, 2A
Andersson: 2G, 1 A
Heineman: 1G, 1A

2A for Norlinder
18 saves for Dobes.

Belleville lost
Utica lost in the SO

Belleville 2 points up on the Rocket and 3 up on Utica. Belleville and Utica have 3 games left, Rocket have 2.

Rocket win 5-1. The 1st line showed up.

Maillet: 1G, 2A
Andersson: 2G, 1 A
Heineman: 1G, 1A

2A for Norlinder
18 saves for Dobes.

Belleville lost
Utica lost in the SO

Belleville 2 points up on the Rocket and 3 up on Utica. Belleville and Utica have 3 games left, Rocket have 2.
2 games against Belleville though so we kind of control our destiny if we have the tiebreaker.

Back