• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

yeah the marlies would still be loaded with all interesting dmen, too.

Rosen-Duszak
Borgman-Holowell
Gordeev-Rasanen
(Lindgren)
Yeah, whatever happens with Liljegren & Sandin next year, the Marlies defense will be worth watching. They'll have a bunch of guys who could be legit NHL prospects.

Not sure about including Gordeev on a list of "interesting" prospects though. Just seems like an unremarkable member of the large group of unskilled, tree-sized defensemen that Hunter swung-and-missed on. I'd be surprised if he's even signed to an ELC, and he'll be re-entering this year's draft if he's not signed by June 1st.
 
I vote Dubas tries to convince Babcock that sandin is actually a 15 year vet and isn't actually good at hockey. That's the only chance Babs would play him more than 10 minutes a night. And I think he's stupid enough to actually fall for it.
 
Would love to see Dubas have the balls to call him up

The days of coddling kids is over. Give him a chance and see if he can out play the replacements. If he does well roll with it if not send him back

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
 
Sandin and Bracco are going to make some things interesting if Dubas has the stones.

Bracco pressures Kapanen. Bracco could turn out to be better than Nylander.

Sandin could turn out to be better than anyone not named Rielly.

Dubas definitely stole this kid. Gotta give him credit for that, even waited for him. Instead of reaching.
 
Can someone 'esplain to a casual fan like me how elite Sandin's numbers are? I know there aren't a ton of comparables for his age. How excited should I be?
 
Hes very close to ppg totals of Dermott but 2 years earlier.

I see minimum top 4 potential at this point

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
 
I think, not sure, I previously stated he was a potential number one guy at some point. He might be Dubas' saving grace. Cause dumping McMassive backup and over inflating Matthews and Nylander weren't good moves imo.

I was told by a Leafs insider, that Dubas and possibly Shanahan thought this guy was a future number one. The crazy Doobs actually didn't reach and let him fall to the Leafs.

The kid might be our headiest dman in the entire org NOW. Not the fastest, or biggest shot, but just a bucket full of hockey iq and talents.

An excellent draft pick for sure.
 
Back
Top