• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

SDA and Robertson turning into somewhat of a dynamic duo would be pretty fun, especially after SDA's rough post-draft year.

I'm thinking this may have been related to how quickly they sent Robertson down. Would be great if they could rack 'em up this season.

That group is going to get some combination of Lilly, Kivi, Gravel, Harpur, Schmaltz on the backend and Petan, Agostino, Shore, Korshkov, Engvall, Bracco. Brooks, Elynuik, Gaudet, Goat, Spezza, Aberg, Timashov up front.

The Marlies are dummy thick this year.

Legit question...who would you take in a 7 game series between the Marlies looking roughly like this (mix and match for the best group, I'm just eyeballing here):

Agostino-Shore-Aberg
Petan-Kossaila-Bracco
Engvall-Brooks-Timashov
Elynuik-Gaudet-Korshkov

Kivi-Lilly
Gravel-Schmaltz
Harper/Rubins-Mac/Duszak

Woll
Scott

Or the Senators with injuries to Tkachuk & Chabot?

Anisimov-Tierney-Ryan
Boedker-Pageau-Brown
Ennis-White-Duclair
Batherson-Chlapik-Sabourin

Borowiecki-Hainsey
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Golobef- De Melo

Anderson
Nilsson

The Sens probably take that series, but not by a lot.

Prospect people - how good is Kakko? I've got the #3 pick in a pretty deep keeper league (10 keepers).

I expect Hughes to be gone. Can't decide Kakko is worth the pick. Other notable available players are Chabot (I have zero keeper D), Hart (my lone tender going into the draft is Bishop). Also Hischier, Connor, Barzal, Makar, Trouba, Schenn, Risto (last few score well due to hits and blks)

Head to head legue, scoring categories are:
Skaters - G, A, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK
Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SHO

So pretty goalie heavy.

3rd is too early to take Kakko. With so many goalie categories, and Hart having a legit chance to be a long term stud there, I probably go that way. Chabot wouldn't be bad there either tbh, he's probably going to be 60+ points every year, but even then there looks like 2 categories there that he won't be super high end in (HIT-BLK).

I think Kakko is awesome. Every time I've seen him play he always has the puck in the O zone. Don't think you can go wrong with Hart, Kakko, Barzal, Chabot or Makar. All have a legit shot at being worth keeper slots.

Just thought I'd do a quick update on our CHL prospects only.

And holy crap, would you look at SDA & Nick Robertson:

Capture.JPG

Back