• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I think DR will be first pairing just by process of elimination. I don’t see us drafting high enough moving forward to snag a true no. 1 d-man . . . but you never know, Quinn Hughes went 8OA - yeah, I get the irony there.
I agree, barring a trade or a mirage. I did say in an ideal world.

LOL..sure, sure. It was Creston, BC, btw, not Nelson.

But moving on to Mailloux, how much have you seen him actually play? I'm curious. To say his "most likely CEILING" is an AHL defenseman smells, no stinks, of wokism bias. It's ludicrous. He's big, strong, decent skater, has close to a Souray-level shot from the point, including a wrister/snapper that is an absolute rocket, and accurate. Is an excellent outlet passer, especially stretch passes to spring the attack. Plus he doesn't hesitate to drop-them and stand up for his teammates. His only real weaknesses are in the D zone. Which is not unusual for young RD prospects. If he cleans that up a bit, I can guarantee you he will be a 2nd pairing RD for years to come, with the outside chance of being on the 1st pair if he becomes reliable and dependable in his own end. He's a very talented kid, with lots of tools teams drool over.

Boisvert doesn't care about woke. Hes watched Mailloux play and has judged him based on that alone.

I've only seen him live once, last January in Laval and he was the 1st star.

Boisvert doesn't care about woke. Hes watched Mailloux play and has judged him based on that alone.

I've only seen him live once, last January in Laval and he was the 1st star.

Maybe so for him. However, it's no secret he's been widely crucified by press and fans. Hell, there were actual Hab fans screaming that he should never play in the NHL. I think that was Counts point, not to speak for him. And if I wrongly inferred you are in that camp. I'm man enough to extend an apology. We live in a very acrimonious society at present.

I've followed Boisvert for over a decade now, he rarely takes the off the ice stuff into consideration when he evaluates a player because he isn't in a position to know what's going on in the player's life.

To add to that, he had Trevor Connelly second on his list last year.

I've followed Boisvert for over a decade now, he rarely takes the off the ice stuff into consideration when he evaluates a player because he isn't in a position to know what's going on in the player's life.

To add to that, he had Trevor Connelly second on his list last year.
Good to know. I don't follow hockey writers all too closely.

Last edited:
Mailloux's a curious one for me.

There are obvious things that will get anyone excited: Prototypical size for a d-man, right handed, has offensive talent, has a little bit of a mean streak in him, etc.

Problem is, he's prone to brain farts. There are times when he's playing and he'll just do something that makes you think, come on man, the fuck was that?.

Now, is that because those are the cons that come with his game, or is it because he missed a lot of time since Covid? That remains to be seen.

What worried me about Mailloux, and I'm not comparing him directly, is that besides the amount of games played, all of that sounds a whole 'lot like Nathan Beaulieu.

Obviously I'm not hoping for to turn into Beaulieu, but if he's a mainstay as a top-4, he needs to cut out the mental mistakes because those will always get him in his coach's bad graces.
One thing I’ve learned over the years, is that defensemen prone to brain farts will always have those, it’s just a matter of how much they can reduce them or compensate elsewhere.

Maybe so for him. However, it's no secret he's been widely crucified by press and fans. Hell, there were actual Hab fans screaming that he should never play in the NHL. I think that was Counts point, not to speak for him. And if I wrongly inferred you are in that camp. I'm man enough to extend an apology. We live in a very acrimonious society at present.
I never felt that the negative press he got was deserved. He didn't rape anyone. All he did was send pictures of him and a girl engaging in consensual sex. She knew he was taking the pics and she was okay with it. The only stipulation was that he not share them. He got prosecuted because he shared them. It was never fair to put him in the same slop bucket as the Team Canada gang rapists or the Blackhawks.

I never felt that the negative press he got was deserved. He didn't rape anyone. All he did was send pictures of him and a girl engaging in consensual sex. She knew he was taking the pics and she was okay with it. The only stipulation was that he not share them. He got prosecuted because he shared them. It was never fair to put him in the same slop bucket as the Team Canada gang rapists or the Blackhawks.
Yeah, it was blown (pun intended, hehe) way out of proportion. And yes, he got nailed for a photography crime. Not a sexual crime. This kind of thing likely happens tons of times. I personally think the snitch who ratted him out is worse. Her face wasn't even visible.

Yeah, it was blown (pun intended, hehe) way out of proportion. And yes, he got nailed for a photography crime. Not a sexual crime. This kind of thing likely happens tons of times. I personally think the snitch who ratted him out is worse. Her face wasn't even visible.
I never saw any of the pics

Habs vs Leafs Prospects Game today @ 1PM EST

That 3rd line is HUGE.

Forwards
Farrell-Beck-Heineman
Davidson-Kidney-Mesar
Tuck-Xhekaj-Thorpe
Savoie-Larose-Manscum
Nijhoff-Pellerin

Defensman
Hutson-Mailloux
Engstrom-Reinbacher
Protz-Motew
Charbonneau

Goalies
Samuel Richard
Matteo Drobac

“Manscum”?

Anyway, with Xhekaj, Tuch, Mailloux and Protz in the line up one would hope the TML trainers have plenty of post-game ice packs on hand.

And…

Hutson-Mailloux
Engstrom-Reinbacher

😏

Links to all the streams at the bottom of this page. There will be a 2nd game tomorrow, btw:

Back