• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Saw some quotes by Olli Jokinen on Oliver Kapanen. Jokinen is coaching Timra IK in the SHL this year, Kappanen is signed with them.

"after watching him play so far, I think he could be one of the top forwards in the SHL this season. I am counting on him stealing a spot a the Canadiens camp."

“He’s been too good for our league so far this preseason; playing like a dominant force in every single game. He’s been great offensively, scoring some goals, but also defensively and in the faceoff circle, which will be his biggest advantage going into Montreal. He’s the type of player you can put anywhere, because his hockey sense is very high.”

Olle said if he doesnt make Montreal he will be a number one centre for TImra this year. Sounds positive, good development opportunity if he isn't ready to play for us.

The depth is looking really good and now we've started to add some higher end talent with Demidov and Slaf... along with the vets Suzi and Cole. I think, we need Demidov to reach his full potential to be true Cup contenders someday... but we're definitely heading in the right direction, finally.

I quickly checked out Hockey News Preview and Stu Cowan did our preview as he always does. He actually listed Mailloux as our 8th best prospect (he is woke so he has it in for Logan). I get he isn't top as that would be Demidov/Hutson, but damn he isn't behind Beck and Mesar.

It's not about wokeness. Mailloux's ceiling, according to Simon Boisvert, is as a 3rd pair NHL defenseman and that is the best case scenario. His more likely ceiling, again according to Simon, is a career AHL defenseman. I hope he's wrong, but Mailloux is not being punished for anything. If he's any good he should be incentivized to prove the doubters wrong. But I don't have him above Reinbacher, Hutson or Xhekaj on the blue line depth chart.
Yeah, no surprise. Pretty disgusting of so called journalists and far too many so called fans, to be punishing a kid like him so horribly, and failing to mention he was legally a minor and she was an adult. And it was a pic of some hair and a strap. Dumb thing, no doubt, but not as bad as Trudeau grabbing the breasts of a reporter in Nelson BC years ago.
Fake news that neo-fascist agitators working for Pierre Putin have been pushing for years.

Back