• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Some people make everyone around them better others have their ceiling increased dramatically when they play with better players some players don’t have the capability to elevate their game to play with excellent players. I think back is a great player who has his game become exponentially elevated when he plays with other great players, when he plays with mediocre players, who don’t have his level of intelligence and can’t see the game like him he has less options because I’m guessing he has trouble dealing with stupid and generally been my issue with the world. Most people are really fucking dumb don’t see their own shadows And I don’t really worthy of my time can team where he was an underwhelming player was not very talented. I think history will prove that him and Macklacklin were the best players on that team

McCarron is up to 10 goals if anyone wants to gloat about that one..

Beck wasn’t drafted because he was a big fucking goon. He was drafted because he was smart. Smart generally outperforms big in the long-term if you need example of that, please see Josh Anderson….

Beck wasn’t drafted because he was a big fucking goon. He was drafted because he was smart. Smart generally outperforms big in the long-term if you need example of that, please see Josh Anderson….
Wasn't comparing the two.

But as for Beck. Expecting him to be ROR is setting him up for failure. When ROR was becks age he was in his second nhl season.

Well they won the league after his acquisition, I'd say that's pretty good in term of moving the needle.

Oh, I agree with that. I doubt they win the title last year without him playing a 200 foot game and winning big draws.

I was referring to this year as a “first line” centre - he was just OK.

He’s likely a legit NHLer, and projects to have a good career as a defensive centre. But I would caution about unrealistic expectations of him being a top 6 on a winning team.

Wasn't comparing the two.

But as for Beck. Expecting him to be ROR is setting him up for failure. When ROR was becks age he was in his second nhl season.
I don’t have expectations. I have hopes. I tend to lean that way as a fan. Pure homer. Our team or nothing.

Bushkorn without the wolf like panting.

Oh and the rage.

More like if Bushkorn was a guileless optimist

Oh, I agree with that. I doubt they win the title last year without him playing a 200 foot game and winning big draws.

I was referring to this year as a “first line” centre
He’s likely a legit NHLer, and projects to have a good career as a defensive centre. But I would caution about unrealistic expectations of him being a top 6 on a winning team.
That is what gets said about Suzuki. Beck is not a first line centre but could likely be an outstanding third line centre behind Dach. Evans then hits his natural spot and is where he should be in the lineup.

I think he will be a really solid role player who could be more impactful than we first thought.

Or he could be another bust.

The glass is half full.

The renovation of the habs is ahead of schedule and I haven’t shit my pants lately.

Beck has better hands than people give him credit for. I think he will be a 15 goal guy whose career year is 20g. Should be valuable as part of a trade or on the team.

That is what gets said about Suzuki.

Except that wasn’t true. Suzuki dominated. He was head and shoulders the best player in the playoffs when Guelph won the OHL title, 1.75 ppg. No one was close.

I don’t think it’s boom or bust with Beck. I think he projects to be a good C3. And that’s pretty damn good for pick 33.

According to Baldy, who apparently has an in with Gorton, there's a decent chance that Fowler leaves BC after the season and plays 60 games in Laval next year. GGpX will love that, haha.
Wait what

He's saying Jacob Fowler's going to leave BC this year (Inadvisable, but believable I guess) and play 60 games in Laval next year? When the AHL only has 72 total games?

Goalies don't play 60 games in the AHL anymore. The only example I could find is Peter Budaj in 2015-2016, David Leggio in 2012-2013, Leland Irving in 2011-2012, then two goalies in 2010-2011. Young goalies rarely get that many games. One of the reasons it's extremely unlikely you get goalies that play 60+ are examples like this weekend: Three games in three nights.

Fowler's not going to play 60 games in his first year in the AHL. I'd be surprised if he even came close to playing 50.

(Except I won't be)

This is one of the easiest predictions to make because it's a tale as old as time. Guy who never put up any numbers - at any level, any point of his life - sees a bump in offensive production as a 20 year old in Junior.
You will be amazed

Back