• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Looking like Marty St. Louis will be the guy

I'm an assistant coach in a u13 League. Can I have the job? I'll take them bowling to improve morale. Carbo taught me well.

Quite the promotion. Was that u13 team any good at least?
Yeah, ‘08 MFF is top 5 in the country. They have a kid, Rothstein, who I can see playing in the NHL one day, assuming he keeps developing. He’s that good.

Last edited:
Wait, you mean as the actual head coach of the Montreal Canadiens?

The same guy whose only coaching experience is with & against pre-pubescent boys?

This is a joke, right?

Get the fuck out of here.
not old boys club enough for you?

Timing is a bit odd....Habs just had 8 days off which would have been nice for MSL to get somewhat up to speed.

It all adds up to MSL being a short term coach who will gain long term intel on the roster

If Krusty's son had played a little better in those close games, MSL doesn't get the gig.
He had a goal and an assist in the first game but played on the 3rd line in the second one so couldn’t do much there - dumbass coach

• Love
Reactions: CH1
Timing is a bit odd....Habs just had 8 days off which would have been nice for MSL to get somewhat up to speed.

It all adds up to MSL being a short term coach who will gain long term intel on the roster
AGM after?

RDS stunned by the news.....also mentioned that MSL isn't so great in front of the camera glare

Outside the box move, but I’d rather a new person than someone who was here before and failed. Probably does not happen if the team was remotely competitive the last dozen games.

It's a hire directly out of left field, but I'm OK with it.
The season is lost anyway, and if he fails it helps the chances of getting a good draft pick. If he proves to be a diamond in the rough, all the better for the future.
There's not a lot of downside to taking this risk for the remainder of this season, IMHO.

Reactions: CH1
It could be all about getting Caufield and Suzuki to the next level offensively. Marty knows all of the tricks of the trade to get there.

Back