• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

I’m not one to make rash statements of course, but Sammy seems finished as a Leaf. Not immediately, but likely later this year. I doubt he’s taking his marginalization with a cheery attitude.

I’m not one to make rash statements of course, but Sammy seems finished as a Leaf. Not immediately, but likely later this year. I doubt he’s taking his marginalization with a cheery attitude.
This ain't some established starter suddenly having to play second fiddle. Career .906 in the season, .902 in the playoffs in 158 career games. He is what he is and he has earned what he earned. And that is not a clear-cut starter. But as a platoon guy that gets roughly half the games? Sure, he can probably do it. He has to get better this year and he probably will.. But I think he can be that.

This ain't some established starter suddenly having to play second fiddle. Career .906 in the season, .902 in the playoffs in 158 career games. He is what he is and he has earned what he earned. And that is not a clear-cut starter. But as a platoon guy that gets roughly half the games? Sure, he can probably do it. He has to get better this year and he probably will.. But I think he can be that.
My statement had nothing to do with his ability. I think he’s sour behind the scenes based on the public comments he’s made and his general disposition. So I imagine they may ditch his salary at the deadline and bring in a vet backup instead. All depends on Woll continuing to impress, but I think he will.

My statement had nothing to do with his ability. I think he’s sour behind the scenes based on the public comments he’s made and his general disposition. So I imagine they may ditch his salary at the deadline and bring in a vet backup instead. All depends on Woll continuing to impress, but I think he will.
He's not gonna get the treatment that you believe he wants anywhere else. So he can sulk all he wants.

He's not gonna get the treatment that you believe he wants anywhere else. So he can sulk all he wants.
You’re missing the point.

I don’t think the Leafs will want to keep him around, and may try to find a cheaper, more supportive vet who embraces a backup or platoon role.

You’re missing the point.

I don’t think the Leafs will want to keep him around, and may try to find a cheaper, more supportive vet who embraces a backup or platoon role.
Oh I thought you were trying to play Samsonov's psychologist and act like you knew exactly how he felt and that he was upset. I was simply responding to him being upset assuming you are correct about that.

But yes if they trade him for a cheaper goalie they'd have a cunt ton of cap space to add a big time D. Yes, even Josi and no they wouldn't have to trade Brodie to do it. Though Josi is obviously a pipe dream at best.

Oh I thought you were trying to play Samsonov's psychologist and act like you knew exactly how he felt and that he was upset. I was simply responding to him being upset assuming you are correct about that.

But yes if they trade him for a cheaper goalie they'd have a cunt ton of cap space to add a big time D. Yes, even Josi and no they wouldn't have to trade Brodie to do it. Though Josi is obviously a pipe dream at best.
Oh I do know how he feels and have his psychology pegged, and he’s upset. That plus the ability to shave some salary off should get the Leafs to make a move.

Doms ranking confirm that hockeystatcard has them on a per game basis,

So..
Robertson - +1 Off, -2 Def, -1 Net
McMann - -5 Off, +5 Def, 0 Net
Benoit - -9 Off, +21 Def, +12 Net

Pace, not projection.

McMann and Benoit replacing Reaves and Klingberg adds a +54 pace so far this year.

Doms ranking confirm that hockeystatcard has them on a per game basis,

So..
Robertson - +1 Off, -2 Def, -1 Net
McMann - -5 Off, +5 Def, 0 Net
Benoit - -9 Off, +21 Def, +12 Net

Pace, not projection.

McMann and Benoit replacing Reaves and Klingberg adds a +54 pace so far this year.

If their projections come anywhere near even net rating then they're a huge upgrade.

Back