• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

"Go big or go home! I bet the Flames would seriously consider moving Tanev to Toronto if they offered up Mitch Marner and Fraser Minten" - Chatbot James Duthie

Marner is so crazy though. He could have said far more reasonably crazy things like Lilly and a 1st or Knies. But Marner? Wtf?

That might be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said.

Marner is so crazy though. He could have said far more reasonably crazy things like Lilly and a 1st or Knies. But Marner? Wtf?

That might be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said.
Its true, Knies, Robertson, 1st, any combo of prospects is just run of the mill stupid.

Marner is needs to be committed stupid
Marner is i worry for his co-workers get dumber via the proximity to his voice level stupid

Robertson's net rating came in today finally and unfortunately it's only a -5.

But it's at 0 for the current year small sample, which means his numbers must have been pretty terrible in his 30 previous games.

I think we need to tweak.

I'd swap Knies and Jarnkrok for now.

and I'd go with McCabe-Timmins as the 2nd pair.

Robertson's net rating came in today finally and unfortunately it's only a -5.

But it's at 0 for the current year small sample, which means his numbers must have been pretty terrible in his 30 previous games.

Yeah, I mostly remember him not looking like quite an NHL caliber player in his previous stints.

This time around he looks like he’s at least keeping his head above water, on top of the offensive production he’s put up.

I think he's looked pretty great this time around and he's been a good reminder to me to be patient with the other kids coming up because he might be the most talented of them but it took a bit of time to click (granted injuries didn't help, obviously).

ok at the real 1st quarter mark of the year:

!!!!!.png

!!!.png

!!!!.png

No getting around the fact that we've been flat out mediocre so far. Not bad, just bang on mediocre. No real strong points and no real weak points. Bubble team kind of stuff.

thankfully for maybe the first time ever we've banked a bunch of OT points which we've never really done before. positive spin would be that once we get our game going at it's usual level, all these freebie points in our "slump" here could turn into a very nice season.

unless of course this isn't a "slump".

!!.png

Klingberg and the 4th line have been killer this year for sure, but tbh the bigger concern so far is Matthews and Marner. They're not just mediocre this year but leaning towards flat out bad. This can't happen if we want to be good. We can survive a bad 4th line but not this. And Knies really doesn't seem to be helping up there.

Thankfully Bert has helped the Tavares and Nylander combo be more dominant xgf-wise than they've ever been before.

Man Bert has been almost the opposite of what I expected.. Was kinda thinking he'd produce on the counting stats but maybe underperform a touch on the nerdies compared to some of the other guys (though I definitely didn't expect bad nerdies). He's been Tre's best signing I think. Benoit pretty good too.

But yeah M&M being anything but elite is absolute killer

!.png

Despite being on the ice for 2 bad goals against last night, the 4th line actually had a decent night overall. And one more good game and the 4th line with McMann on it might actually turn positive on the year.

It's the Matthews line that's the big concern right now.

;;;;;;.png

I decided to clean up the D-Pairs chart by just giving Klingberg his own section at the bottom. He was making the chart unreadable.

I've included a few small sample pairings in italics with Lagesson Benoit and Timmins that really don't have enough minutes to care about but i just wanted to see the numbers anyways.

Basically the D looks fine for now I think. Even with the injuries. Or to be more precise, thanks to Klingberg's injury.

Back