• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Very scared to see how Tre tries to fix the d. He had very good D in Calgary so I have some faith. I just hope he doesn't think they need a 3rd pair slug like Zadorov to fix their issues. They need a guy who can slot everyone down because a lot of guys are in way over their head right now.

Very scared to see how Tre tries to fix the d. He had very good D in Calgary so I have some faith. I just hope he doesn't think they need a 3rd pair slug like Zadorov to fix their issues. They need a guy who can slot everyone down because a lot of guys are in way over their head right now.
i.e. a Muzzin replacement, still.

but yes, agreed!

i.e. a Muzzin replacement, still.

but yes, agreed!
A shame he made it difficult on himself by not doing it in the summer. Not gonna be easy to do it now and everyone's gonna know he'll be desperate and be feeling the heat so it may take an overpay to get anyone decent.

The longer this continues, does it make the possibility of Nylander for a legit 1-2 D actually possible?

The reality is when the D is healthy it should be "fixed". Not finished but fixed.

Rielly, Brodie, McCabe and Lilly are all very good. Gio, and Timmins have been good in sheltered roles, and Benoit has been legit good in a very small sample size.

But you can't play Klingberg anymore. Or Reaves. Try that and all the problems may be solved.

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Benoit
Gio-Lagesson/Niemela

may be fine enough for now.

Seeing Klingberg kinda gives some hope for Benoit. He was totally sewered last year. Look what Klingberg has done to McCabe and Gio this year.

Don't have much expectations but so far so good.

The reality is when the D is healthy it should be "fixed". Not finished but fixed.

Rielly, Brodie, McCabe and Lilly are all very good. Gio, and Timmins have been good in sheltered roles, and Benoit has been legit good in a very small sample size.

But you can't play Klingberg anymore. Or Reaves. Try that and all the problems may be solved.

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Benoit
Gio-Lagesson/Niemela

may be fine enough for now.
The problem is, their forwards kinda make it a requirement to really really need very good d. Domi as a 3c, for example, is never gonna result in a good 3rd line defensively (which is fine as long as their d can handle the extra pressure + the 3rd line scores more goals than they allow). On Kyle's teams you could kinda get away with having d injuries or just mediocre D because they were loaded with vanilla suppressors up front.

Maybe they should trade for ZAR and dump Gregor.

And for the record, demoting Reaves and Klingberg creates enough cap space to activate Lilly and Timmins from LTIR and call up any forward without any trades.

What he does with Klingberg & Reaves is going to be a big test for Treebitch.

Does he swallow his pride, admit those moves are now an obvious mistake and fix them ASAP? Or does he double down and force Keefe to keep playing these guys?

What he does with Klingberg & Reaves is going to be a big test for Treebitch.

Does he swallow his pride, admit those moves are now an obvious mistake and fix them ASAP? Or does he double down and force Keefe to keep playing these guys?
He can't keep watching this forever. It is an inevitability at some point. I'll gain a lot more respect for him and have a lot more faith if he acts quickly. This isn't small sample stuff. It's a continuation of what these players already were, with both of them in declining ages.

Back