• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

I bot the dip in ME...feels like it was manufactured by a few desperate short sellers

I bot the dip in ME...feels like it was manufactured by a few desperate short sellers

M.e: John Tavares isn't worth 11 million dollars
F.I: He did 1.5 things in a playoff series!!!! Fuck you mindz!!!! 2 points in 6 games is all we need from 11 million dollars!!!

M.e: The 21 yr old kid might not be a top 6 forward yet and needs to play a simple north south game.
F.I: The kid is a monster in the playoffs!! (while playing the super simple chip and chase game I've been suggesting all season he should play more of) and has 3 points in 6 games!!! Stud!!!

M.e: Woll isn't the horse to win us a cup in net, he's a better option than Sammy though, definitely.
F.I: He won two games!!! Do you want to take back what you said yet idiot??

But if F.I needs a villain to be the best version of themselves, whatever.

76c86d50543be4fb3085c8d18c9c1c8a

F.I: He did 1.5 things in a playoff series!!!! Fuck you mindz!!!! 2 points in 6 games is all we need from 11 million dollars!!!

M.e: The 21 yr old kid might not be a top 6 forward yet and needs to play a simple north south game.
F.I: The kid is a monster in the playoffs!! (while playing the super simple chip and chase game I've been suggesting all season he should play more of) and has 3 points in 6 games!!! Stud!!!

M.e: Woll isn't the horse to win us a cup in net, he's a better option than Sammy though, definitely.

Of the 3 I'm not a huge fan of the Woll take. Mostly because you are venturing into the unknown when it comes to the goalie position. It's a risky take that could backfire. And now if he wins a cup with the leafs, lof is gonna make sure to ruin every ounce of joy you get from it.

Of the 3 I'm not a huge fan of the Woll take. Mostly because you are venturing into the unknown when it comes to the goalie position. It's a risky take that could backfire. And now if he wins a cup with the leafs, lof is gonna make sure to ruin every ounce of joy you get from it.

Woll has been a long term hold for me

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 3.26.28 PM.png

Damn, that's a lot of protesting. Protesting too much, some might say.

All because you can't enjoy your own good players.

Nah, I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong about this bullshit pluggy blueline that I fucking hate and Sheldon Keefe too.

But Woll would have the weakest track record of a cup winning goaltender and by a fair bit. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Kid has played great 2 games in a row, but the same kid was kind of shit down the stretch as well and handed Samsonov the starters job back through his play.

Woll has been a long term hold for me

View attachment 20344
I'm just here to embrace the randomness and volatility of goaltending over a small playoff sample. I think any time we open our mouths too aggressively on goalie opinions it backfires.

I mean just a year ago LOF claimed samsonov. To his credit, he has sold his position for a loss. But not a huge loss.

Damn, that's a lot of protesting. Protesting too much, some might say.

All because you can't enjoy your own good players.

I like my good players to be actually good though. I enjoy my good players plenty. Discussing their limitations doesn't mean that I don't enjoy them. Just can't fanboy for mediocrity.

I'm just here to embrace the randomness and volatility of goaltending over a small playoff sample. I think any time we open our mouths too aggressively on goalie opinions it backfires.

I mean just a year ago LOF claimed samsonov. To his credit, he has sold his position for a loss. But not a huge loss.
I'm fair. Sammy started to stink and cost us games, so that's that.

He was very good at one point, but he's also maybe the weakest goalie we've had from the mental/confidence standpoint out of any of them. He gets shaken way too easily, and that's not the winner disposition an asshole needs.

Woll meanwhile is cool as a fucking cucumber, both when he's playing and when he's off the ice. You gotta either be this way or unhinged like Belfour. Guys like Sammy has shown himself to be (which took time for him to show us) aren't going to get anywhere.

Back