• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

You can't even feel good about change if Trefucker is still in charge. It will be a disaster.

He'll trade Marner for some plug D with a name, resign Baboon to a 3 year deal. It's going to be horrible.

Will it be enough? Can't see how you fire Shanny and Fathead and keep Bundy.

Clean house and get some fresh perspective in there

These guys can't even put together enough wins to win a division to give themselves an easier playoffs schedule. When it counts, this group together fails. And consistently so during the first 82 or beyond.

I have no doubt Marner for instance will be great elsewhere but in the same locker room as AM and Willy, it doesn't work. Break them up.

Maybe if Marner could do something, Tavares wouldn't be ineffective. But he's gotta be the guy forechecking, engaging in boards battles, AND being the guy to get in front of the net trying to score. Marner was complete dogshit doing nothing, creating shit, and it affected everyone around him.

It's no cop out for Tavares or anyone else. He's clearly lost a step but still good enough to do what he excels at, which is scoring and making plays in tight. But Marner was an anchor who created nothing, played nowhere near his regular season skill level. He'll get traded and go off and win a cup somewhere of course, but it doesn't look like it's happening here.

I can't believe they clawed back from 3-1, took a 1-0 lead late in Boston in game 7, and still fucking lost. I'm numb more than angry, but anger is for sure on its way.

I can't believe they clawed back from 3-1, took a 1-0 lead late in Boston in game 7, and still fucking lost.

Except many here predicted this would be the Leafiest way forward.

Stay numb. Don’t get angry.

For me it's just Marner that disappoints me year after year in late series games. I'd say Tavares but he's a scrub at this point. They have two studs up front and one fake bitch stud.
Tbf matthews has been as shit (mulligan this year) but he’s too good to consider cutting bait.

Except many here predicted this would be the Leafiest way forward.

Stay numb. Don’t get angry.
I was one of the people who predicted it even.

But it’s like if you flip a coin ten times and every fucking time it’s heads. How is this possible?

Because after you flip heads the first 9 times, the next flip is still a 50/50 coin toss

But you’re right, it’s still insane.

Hope you get a satisfying off season purge

Marner has to go. Tre just got here and signed Benoit, Mcmann and had the idea of getting a puck moving dman in Klingberg.

Marner can at least give us some cap space and get rid of the shrinking violet feel he oozes. A right D and a pick.

I'd call Lou up and would jizz my pants for a Barzal or Nashville for forsberg. But no one is paying us top dollar for that ghost.

LA for daneault and the dman

Back