• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Got to find a way to pivot here with messaging.

It’s a man who would protect democracy vs one who won’t. It’s just that simple. Joe Biden has never been most people’s ideal candidate and more people voted for him over Trump pre-Jan 6, pre-Roe, pre-convicted felon. Like Jesus Christ, this shouldn’t be that hard.

the debate performance was horrific.

there would have been less blowback if he just called in sick.
I didn't watch but this is consistent with all I've heard and read.

having said that, do you think Biden should withdraw his candidacy?

brooker2x-plead-the-fifth.gif

It's no lock that Kamala is the candidate but man the betting lines are all pricing her in as the favorite and that has never happened. Not even close. What a dramatic shift. Worth paying attention to.

And tbh I thought I saw some signs that she is now polling better against trump than Biden. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but it wouldn't be a guaranteed disaster if it happened. Obviously in a perfect case it's a better candidate instead of Kamala but there is a case to be made where this may be a necessity.

I don't see how they can bypass the VP and run someone else? Feels like Joe or Kamala to me. And if Joe is losing momentum they're gonna have to act rapidly. Can't wait much longer to decide what to do.

This actually isn't true. Trump has been posting up a fucking storm since the debate and saying all sorts of shit. But he's doing it on Truth Social, and the media is choosing to ignore the insanity on Truth because they already have the grist they want for their ongoing narrative.

He's not self aware, he hasn't learned anything. The media is just ignoring him when it's convenient and amplifying him when it's convenient.

Replacing Biden will swing the election to Trump. Other candidates will do better in debates, but it will not matter. Being the incumbent is a bigger advantage than winning a debate.
I think it’s pretty dangerous too.

Pretty overwhelming mandate in the primaries from voters for Biden too.

It's no lock that Kamala is the candidate but man the betting lines are all pricing her in as the favorite and that has never happened. Not even close. What a dramatic shift. Worth paying attention to.

The betting lines are responding to where people are putting their money.

Ignore the noise.

Joe will beat Trump if he can avoid looking like a fucking corpse on stage again.

This ain't retail dropping money on Kamala. They don't move the lines. Some very smart, sharp, rich bettors are market movers. Fwiw.

Of course it's still fairly close. No lock.

Nothing has changed in this race. If anything voters are swinging towards Biden as they saw all of Trump's lies on full display. Biden won the debate on FACTS and SUBSTANCE and will shore up any concerns in the upcoming ABC interview this weekend. The fact of the matter is that Americans are fired up for our President and ready for four more years of #PROGRESS.

Back