• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Sorry, I didn't present that clear. The first bit is a screen grab showing Fox's nightly ratings (2 million). The bottom is the total americans at each age group. They're not a combined graph, that's two different screen grabs.

There are ~100 million Americans 55+, and 2 million prime time fox viewers. A literal pittance.

Not all olds are fox viewers, but all fox viewers are old (thus the barrage of advertising aimed at the olds?

almost every delivery mechanism is a pittance on its own, tho. This is a fragmented landscape. And by the way, the reach of Fox/CNN is far greater than viewership numbers. 100% of clips from Fox that I watch, I get from twitter or you guys here. The number is a little lower with CNN (maybe 95%) because I do tune in very occasionally.

Hell, I even posted the VP Trump byte even thought I didn't watch that part

This is the soundbite age (has been true for ages so forgive the cliche).

And Biden's soundbytes are universally bad (unforced errors by the bushel)

If there's a way to turn America's surprisingly robust and broad based economic recovery into a soundbite, it sure as hell won't be Biden.

But I think Newsom/Whitner can do it (despite their pre-season poll numbers)

almost every delivery mechanism is a pittance on its own, tho. This is a fragmented landscape. And by the way, the reach of Fox/CNN is far greater than viewership numbers. 100% of clips from Fox that I watch, I get from twitter or you guys here. The number is a little lower with CNN (maybe 95%) because I do tune in very occasionally.

Nah, according to a 2023 Pew study, 54% of adults 50-65 and 68% of 65+ olds claimed that they got their news on TV still. But we're not seeing bonkers news ratings that suggest they're doing it large ass numbers.

The takeaway is that most of them just aren't paying attention on a regular basis. They're not nearly as tuned in a class as we think.

The perenially online just make a lot of noise. They (we) are not the majority.

Nah, according to a 2023 Pew study, 54% of adults 50-65 and 68% of 65+ olds claimed that they got their news on TV still. But we're not seeing bonkers news ratings that suggest they're doing it large ass numbers.

The takeaway is that most of them just aren't paying attention on a regular basis. They're not nearly as tuned in a class as we think.

The perenially online just make a lot of noise. They (we) are not the majority.

exactly....especially not now (it's pre-season!) but ratings spike as we get closer to November and yeah, I know the ratings will still be what we consider low but keep in mind, these are daily numbers and not always the same folks

and my point about newbies being able to create national exposure much, much quicker than you think has nothing to do with your tv ratings

it's bout soundbites travelling where CNN/FOX is just a station bug that appears on the bottom right corner

exactly....especially not now (it's pre-season!) but ratings spike as we get closer to November and yeah, I know the ratings will still be what we consider low but keep in mind, these are daily numbers and not always the same folks

and my point about newbies being able to create national exposure much, much quicker than you think has nothing to do with your tv ratings

it's bout soundbites travelling where CNN/FOX is just a station bug that appears on the bottom right corner

We're just not going to agree fundamentally here. I just don't think you're penetrating low information 55+ voters in 6 weeks with a few CNN clips on facebook to explain to him who this new asshole fron Pennsylvannia or Michigan is. The world has changed a lot, but a lot of the people in it haven't.

I think the Biden stuff made ppl say some wacky things about Trump to further their point bc imo, Trump ain’t “with it” either.

I'm shocked trump calls him crooked Joe instead of sleepy Joe. Maybe he realizes ppl will know he never makes sense either

Back