• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Another lowkey liberal tenant: the family unit is not important and in fact loathsome and deplorable. The government is a better parent for your kids.

Another highkey MAGA tenet—completely ignoring the substance of the comment they’re replying to, and inventing a completely unrelated argument out of whole cloth that they can respond to instead and get righteously angry at.

Another lowkey liberal tenant: the family unit is not important and in fact loathsome and deplorable. The government is a better parent for your kids.

What a weirdo response to the idea that a woman should leave a situation she's being fucking abused in.

How about a bit more concern about abusive husbands tearing families apart? Trying to leave an environment where you're being beaten is loathsome and deplorable!

And you people like to pretend that you're the moral ones.

imagine having a problem with women leaving an abusive husband. What a piece of shit
The data supports his point. And I believe if you asked him to clarify "violent" I think he most likely meant emotionally and not physically, since that continues the tone of the rest of the message.

Another highkey MAGA tenet—completely ignoring the substance of the comment they’re replying to, and inventing a completely unrelated argument out of whole cloth that they can respond to instead and get righteously angry at.
Seems everyone else in this thread does that as well.

What a weirdo response to the idea that a woman should leave a situation she's being fucking abused in.

How about a bit more concern about abusive husbands tearing families apart? Trying to leave an environment where you're being beaten is loathsome and deplorable!

And you people like to pretend that you're the moral ones.
I think that's a common sense thing.

Telling on himself
Reading a good back on raising daughters called "strong fathers strong daughters". Lots of statistics on the damage of broken families. I agree with anyone who believes there is considerable damage being done to society by people who leave and destroy marriages way too easily and that the family unit is essential to a healthy person and society.

Obviously physical abuse is wrong. But that is way less widespread that divorce.

pretty certain he's just trolling. unclear why, but c'est la vie

Nahh. I remember being convinced of this in the early days of MAGA, but the sad reality is that there are a ton of people who legitimately believe this shit.

That abortion should be completely illegal in all circumstances. That divorce should be illegal in all circumstances. That contraceptives and birth control should be illegal in all circumstances. That public secular education should be abolished. Etc.

All of the most looney-tunes shit that seemed completely far-fetched just a few years ago is stuff these Christofascists believe in imposing on the rest of society and are actively working towards making a reality.

Nahh. I remember being convinced of this in the early days of MAGA, but the sad reality is that there are a ton of people who legitimately believe this shit.

That abortion should be completely illegal in all circumstances. That divorce should be illegal in all circumstances. That contraceptives and birth control should be illegal in all circumstances. That public secular education should be abolished. Etc.

All of the most looney-tunes shit that seemed completely far-fetched just a few years ago is stuff these Christofascists believe in imposing on the rest of society and are actively working towards making a reality.
You believe "the other side" are all extreme like that?

How naive

You think it’s better for kids if their mothers stay in emotionally abusive relationships? Are you fucking stupid
I think people are quick to label things "emotionally abusive" especially with the rise and current popularity of therapists and psychiatrists. The statistics show how bad divorced households are for kids. Obviously every situation is different but every effort should be made to resolve any conflict in a marriage.

Lol you just accused "the left" of low-key hating the family unit.
Ok? Am I every conservative?

Is that considered naive when you look at their policies and trying to take responsibility and rights from parents and giving it to the government instead?

Back