• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It's extreme as hell. What are you talking about? This only appeals to extremists on the left. IMO Biden is handing a hand grenade to Kamala with this.

Fundamentally changing the foundation of the three branches of government and the checks and balances they have because the current makeup of the court is inconvenient is beyond idiotic. In fact it challenges the rule of law, period.
At what point does the checks and balances allow for bribing judges?
Weird

It's extreme as hell. What are you talking about? This only appeals to extremists on the left. IMO Biden is handing a hand grenade to Kamala with this.

Fundamentally changing the foundation of the three branches of government and the checks and balances they have because the current makeup of the court is inconvenient is beyond idiotic. In fact it challenges the rule of law, period.

Extreme how?

It treats both sides exactly the same and removes all partisanship from scotus.

I imagine this will be extremely popular legislation.

Extreme how?

It treats both sides exactly the same and removes all partisanship from scotus.

I imagine this will be extremely popular legislation.
You do realize why judges were not given term limits, right? Introducing term limits would in fact inject partisanship, like you see with Presidents.

This legislation will be seen as another radical move by the left to fundamentally alter the fabric of this country and its foundations that have served it well for so long, all because it's temporarily inconvenient at times.

You do realize why judges were not given term limits, right? Introducing term limits would in fact inject partisanship, like you see with Presidents.
Explain taking bribes from billionaires prior to hearings before Scotus?

Explain a self governing code of ethics without teeth?

Explain failure to recuse when conflict of interest is completely apparent?

Weird

You do realize why judges were not given term limits, right?

To make them apolitical. Unfortunately, that clearly hasn't worked.

Introducing term limits would in fact inject partisanship, like you see with Presidents.

Term limits would mean that no partisanship in the court could last too long if the people don't want it too.

This legislation will be seen as another radical move by the left to fundamentally alter the fabric of this country and its foundations that have served it well for so long, all because it's temporarily inconvenient at times.

Yeah i doubt that. I think you'll find these reforms would all poll very well.

Nobody likes the idea of unelected bureaucrats with lifelong appointments being able to rule over the country.

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahhhhhhhahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

oh shit, he's probably serious.

Explain taking bribes from billionaires prior to hearings before Scotus?

Explain a self governing code of ethics without teeth?

Explain failure to recuse when conflict of interest is completely apparent?

Weird
The party that called for (successfully) the protesting at supreme court justices homes (which did happen and is illegal) leading to an assassination attempt on a judge (another event that's been conveniently memory holed) is concerned with the ethics of the court.

Rich.

The party that called for (successfully) the protesting at supreme court justices homes (which did happen and is illegal) leading to an assassination attempt on a judge (another event that's been conveniently memory holed) is concerned with the ethics of the court.

Rich.
okay, let's go back to basics.

do you think bribery of public officials is a good thing, or a bad thing?

Good thing Biden is immune to everything right now.

uh yeah, there was no assassination attempt on brett kavanaugh.

there was one planned in which the subject called the police on himself before doing anything. that's why no one talks about it, because it didn't actually happen.

To make them apolitical. Unfortunately, that clearly hasn't worked.

Term limits would mean that no partisanship in the court could last too long if the people don't want it too.

Yeah i doubt that. I think you'll find these reforms would all poll very well.

Nobody likes the idea of unelected bureaucrats with lifelong appointments being able to rule over the country.
"If the people don't want it to"

The people don't interpret law. It's not something that's whimsically done on the basis of peoples feelings.

"Oh man that last interpretation gave me the ick. Good thing let's get a different judge in that will rule my way and reverse the last judges interpretation".

What an actual cluster fuck of an idea.

They're not ruling over the country. They're the only ones who keep in check the ridiculously narcissistic power-mongers that rule in the other two branches.

You gravely misunderstand the intelligence and values of the average American.

Back