• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

"If the people don't want it to"

The people don't interpret law. It's not something that's whimsically done on the basis of peoples feelings.

"Oh man that last interpretation gave me the ick. Good thing let's get a different judge in that will rule my way and reverse the last judges interpretation".

What an actual cluster fuck of an idea.

They're not ruling over the country. They're the only ones who keep in check the ridiculously narcissistic power-mongers that rule in the other two branches.

You gravely misunderstand the intelligence and values of the average American.
The reality is...that because judges accepted bribes and did not recuse when there was obvious conflicts of interest, Scotus made rulings that you agreed with.

Weird

"If the people don't want it to"

The people don't interpret law. It's not something that's whimsically done on the basis of peoples feelings.

"Oh man that last interpretation gave me the ick. Good thing let's get a different judge in that will rule my way and reverse the last judges interpretation".

What an actual cluster fuck of an idea.

They're not ruling over the country. They're the only ones who keep in check the ridiculously narcissistic power-mongers that rule in the other two branches.

You gravely misunderstand the intelligence and values of the average American.

Yeah i'm confident, in addition to being absolutely fair, that this will be extremely popular. And i think you know it too.

Americans hate the idea of unelected unaccountable lifelong appointees ruling over the country. It is the opposite of what america is.

he's an excellent talker but the dude honestly scares the shit out of me in any governing capacity. does he have any actual governing accomplishment he can point to?

I'm willing to be convinced here but seems mostly like a great communicator but not much beyond that...
this is the main reason why i think he won't be the choice. reports seem to suggest she wants someone w a long track record of governing/getting progressive legislation passed.

This is entirely a partisan issue, because it has partisan implications. There's a reason it is a subject that has never been broached until some rulings went against the party who has become the more adept and strong-arming its way to its aims. The same reason there has never been such efforts to discover any sort of actions that could be viewed as unethical.

mike huckabee: extreme liberal

false bobo.

This is entirely a partisan issue, because it has partisan implications. There's a reason it is a subject that has never been broached until some rulings went against the party who has become the more adept and strong-arming its way to its aims. The same reason there has never been such efforts to discover any sort of actions that could be viewed as unethical.

Until this court, there hadn't been such egregious and reckless displays of bribery at the highest court, so there was no need for this before.

I could understand to some level not liking the term limits, as that is arguably more partisan (although not directly partisan, simply saying "each President should have equal opportunity to fill the benches"). But how you could argue that the supreme court being forced to abide by the simplest code of ethics that every other high level appointment needs to abide by is very rich.

YouGov's co-founders are both conservatives, of course, who worked for conservative governments and started websites for conservatives.

poor dumb pro-bribery FlyGuy

Back