• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

check my math....but normal inflation would have been about 10% over 4yrs?

at 2% (inflation target by Fed)... 4 years would lead to 8.24%

BUT...and this is huge (besides Covid obviously)....US enjoyed a 10 yr run, where inflation was over 2% just half the time, and some years where it was less than 1%...so citizens became complacent and didn't notice that their take home pays were lagging.

My emotions were sad that Trump didn't die originally. But now I'm happy he didn't; it's way better that he lives to see his loss vs a black/Indian woman. Biden getting shot and killed would have been great politically though, yeah.

Anyway Trump ruined his mojo on that. Beginning every rally with 30 minutes talking dramatically about the event as if it was a fictional movie has completely ruined and suppressed how badass it actually was. He needed to play it cool but that's not in his DNA.

My emotions were sad that Trump didn't die originally. But now I'm happy he didn't; it's way better that he lives to see his loss vs a black/Indian woman. Biden getting shot and killed would have been great politically though, yeah.

The best closing sequence for the HBO series was always going to be Trump sneaking onto a plane and leaving the country ahead of incarceration. Honestly couldn't write it any better. Cut to black looking at him staring out the window at the New York skyline one more time in his life, defeated look on his face. Basically like the Sopranos ending.

you kidding me? the last thing I want is Trump to go down as a political martyr who fought for the little guy

I agree, but not for the martyr bit. I don't think there's anyone who could hold his cult of personality together. A huge chunk of the movement would just become apoltical imo. Trumpism and the rise of american neo fascism dies as a popular political movement with Trump.

I agree, but not for the martyr bit. I don't think there's anyone who could hold his cult of personality together. A huge chunk of the movement would just become apoltical imo. Trumpism and the rise of american neo fascism dies as a popular political movement with Trump.

I want his cult members to see him as a loser, not a victim, tho

Back