• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

@CH1 From your article: “When you cut seed oils from your diet, what you’re really doing is cutting out many processed foods,” she adds. “I think that’s why we’re hearing about them as being so bad for your health. But it’s less about the seed oils themselves and more about the fact that they’re so often found in ultra-processed foods.”

bowing-thank-you.gif

yeah isn't just that these oils are the cheapest oils so used in the cheapest foods?

i still just use mostly olive oil and watch the amount i'm using if i'm trying to lose weight.

but most of the trendy omg [insert food here] is evil and bad shit from social media and podcasts seems like it's usually poorly supported rubbish.

have they figured out if coconut oil is actually good or bad for you yet?

I know it's an excellent (and my only) hair and moisturizing product.

Oh yeah...never doubted that. Food that come in a box is full of junk.

my only (slight) dilemma occurs when I make mayo (I currently mostly use avocado because I have it around, but wonder if I should just buy a giant tub of cheap sunflower oil)
Consuming sunflower oil in small doses isn't gonna kill you. I always go cheap oil for my mayo.

Reactions: CH1
i still just use mostly olive oil and watch the amount i'm using if i'm trying to lose weight.

but most of the trendy omg [insert food here] is evil and bad shit from social media and podcasts seems like it's usually poorly supported rubbish.

people can't resist good vs evil stories; even food discussions need a bad guy. the newer the better.

@CH1 From your article: “When you cut seed oils from your diet, what you’re really doing is cutting out many processed foods,” she adds. “I think that’s why we’re hearing about them as being so bad for your health. But it’s less about the seed oils themselves and more about the fact that they’re so often found in ultra-processed foods.”

bowing-thank-you.gif

You’re talkin’ about chips, aren’t you?

😡

so New Yorker did a long article 10 yrs ago about how much of the cheap olive oil is adulterated...and U of California Irvine did a lab analysis of 25 brands or so. Kirkland Brand (Costco) was very pure. I buy that a lot, and also brands that bother to post a harvest date
Costco's QA has to be near the top of the industry.

I also basically exclusively source my olive and avocado oils from Costco

have they figured out if coconut oil is actually good or bad for you yet?

I know it's an excellent (and my only) hair and moisturizing product.
At the end of the day over consumption of any fat is bad whether it comes from animals or coconuts. It's super high in saturated fats tho, not unlike animal fats. Just don't drink it by the gallon and you'll survive.

Better to just avoid chips :(

Back