• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

There is a huge segment of MAGA that has been all-in on this health kick so I get the appeal from that angle. Granted, it's mostly bro culture stuff and relies on twisting studies that glorify animal foods as nature's best and only multi-vitamin, and seed oils are cancer (despite clear evidence that seed oils are equal to or superior to animal fats for losing weight; which is by far America's largest health problem of all). RFK satisfies that itch for them so I get the appeal.

And then there's also a group of diehard antivaxxers that despise Trump because of Operation Warp Speed and his general vax takes. The first group was gonna vote for Trump anyway.. The second group potentially wasn't but it's likely just a small but loud minority.

I believe the problem with seed oils isn't the seed oils, it's the processing required to get the oil out
On their own there is zero evidence they do more harm than animal fats. They are often guilty by association because they are ingredients in a bunch of ultra processed trash that you see in stores (since it's the cheapest way to get fats into the formulation), but that's not what is causing people issues. There's a bit of a misinformation campaign going on about them tbh.

On their own there is zero evidence they do more harm than animal fats. They are often guilty by association because they are ingredients in a bunch of ultra processed trash that you see in stores (since it's the cheapest way to get fats into the formulation), but that's not what is causing people issues. There's a bit of a misinformation campaign going on about them tbh.

is there one to avoid (sunflower, canola, grapeseed) or are they all benign

I mean I still use them...but I must admit the anti-seeders occupy 0.03% of my brain

HL, you have to stop dating the guys that appear in your FOR YOU tab. those are just suggestions!!!!

Peter Thiel said that when playing poker Elon would go all in every hand.

Of the PayPal mafia, Elon was the only one who took outsized risk over and over (EVs, sending rockets in space, brain implants, etc)

Buying twitter might be the first of many future plays to go bust

buying twitter is the first play he's made that he did for political reasons.

maybe I'm missing something but the appeal of RFK to MAGAheads seems obvious to me...he says super wacky and conspiracy bent things that cast mainstream consensus as harmful to most of us

lines up with draining the swamp/deep state talk

is there one to avoid (sunflower, canola, grapeseed) or are they all benign

I mean I still use them...but I must admit the anti-seeders occupy 0.03% of my brain
They're all pretty much benign until otherwise proven (canola has been shown to be net neutral basically) but some studies show that some have potential health benefits compared to butter, like possibly reducing cardiovascular risk factors. Safflower, rapeseed, sunflower, olive oil all are shown to reduce cardio risks compared to butter. For weight loss there are some quality studies showing that they're either all equivalent to or superior to animal fats; depends on the study, but none of them show they are worse.

maybe I'm missing something but the appeal of RFK to MAGAheads seems obvious to me...he says super wacky and conspiracy bent things that cast mainstream consensus as harmful to most of us

lines up perfectly with draining the swamp/deep state talk

yeah, this makes sense to me. qanon, rfk, maga all kinda mesh perfectly for gullible folks.

lines up with draining the swamp/deep state talk

but that doesn't explain why they think Dems would think this was a big deal. that just explains why he's always been one of them.

They're all pretty much benign until otherwise proven (canola has been shown to be net neutral basically) but some studies show that some have potential health benefits compared to butter, like possibly reducing cardiovascular risk factors. Safflower, rapeseed, sunflower, olive oil all are shown to reduce cardio risks compared to butter. For weight loss there are some quality studies showing that they're either all equivalent to or superior to animal fats; depends on the study, but none of them show they are worse.

where do you get off lumping Olive Oil with this 2nd rate seed shit??? I mostly use olive and avocado oils....but will sheepishly use sunflower oil the next time I make mayo

but that doesn't explain why they think Dems would think this was a big deal. that just explains why he's always been one of them.

oh...yeah...then I think it's what you said. his last name is Democratic royalty.

it would be like the Conservatives landing a Trudeau

Back