• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

nobody likes Musky

“I don’t like him,” says Michael Lewis when I ask whether he would ever turn his lens on Elon Musk.
“And I have to spend so much time with someone before I can write about them, so it is a requisite that I…” The bestselling American author of The Big Shortand Moneyball pauses, scratches his clean-shaven jaw “…maybe not actually like a person, but at least be interested in being in their presence.
“I have a friend, Walter Isaacson, who wrote a book about Elon, and the whole time he was writing it I just felt sorry for him. Having to spend all that time with [Musk]...” He pulls a face. “I just wouldn’t want to do that.”

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a male journalist profess anything less than complete fascination with the erratic tech tycoon.

nobody likes Musky

“I don’t like him,” says Michael Lewis when I ask whether he would ever turn his lens on Elon Musk.
“And I have to spend so much time with someone before I can write about them, so it is a requisite that I…” The bestselling American author of The Big Shortand Moneyball pauses, scratches his clean-shaven jaw “…maybe not actually like a person, but at least be interested in being in their presence.
“I have a friend, Walter Isaacson, who wrote a book about Elon, and the whole time he was writing it I just felt sorry for him. Having to spend all that time with [Musk]...” He pulls a face. “I just wouldn’t want to do that.”

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a male journalist profess anything less than complete fascination with the erratic tech tycoon.

it's probably the best proof that he's obviously no genius. geniuses can't help but be interesting.

Musk is a very good businessman with a big set of balls, but that's where it ends.

It’s kind of adorable how excited MAGA Twitter is about RFK’s endorsement of Trump. As if his candidacy wasn’t always just a half-baked failure of an attempt to draw away Dem votes, and an obvious Trump proxy campaign only taken seriously by MAGA cultists.

Though it does make me think Trump fucked up by not just making RFK his running mate. He doesn’t bring any new supporters into Trump’s tent, but he does at least excite the base. Which is more than can be said for the couch-fucker.

1724691977602.png

1cf8by.jpg

It’s kind of adorable how excited MAGA Twitter is about RFK’s endorsement of Trump. As if his candidacy wasn’t always just a half-baked failure of an attempt to draw away Dem votes, and an obvious Trump proxy campaign only taken seriously by MAGA cultists.

Though it does make me think Trump fucked up by not just making RFK his running mate. He doesn’t bring any new supporters into Trump’s tent, but he does at least excite the base. Which is more than can be said for the couch-fucker.

i've actually been pretty shocked to learn that they actually think it's a big deal, and i've been trying to figure out why they're so excited about this weirdo who doesn't agree with any of their policies.

the best i can come up with is that it really is just the fact that he's a Kennedy. I can't think of any other reasons that make sense. They seem to legit be celebrity obsessesed, which i guess explains the trump thing and the Kennedy thing. But of course in their minds they long ago convinced themselves that it was the dems who are celebrity obsessed, so of course they think this is as huge a deal for everyone else as it is for them.

it's probably the best proof that he's obviously no genius. geniuses can't help but be interesting.

Musk is a very good businessman with a big set of balls, but that's where it ends.

Peter Thiel said that when playing poker Elon would go all in every hand.

Of the PayPal mafia, Elon was the only one who took outsized risk over and over (EVs, sending rockets in space, brain implants, etc)

Buying twitter might be the first of many future plays to go bust

Back