• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Taking a quick look around the world at where a buddy declaring "yeah, I declare he's Bob and Bob's okay" is fine for voting

Canada
Sweden
Luxemborg

New Zealand takes it even further, where Bob gets to declare that he is infact Bob and Bob is infact okay. Australia doesn't even ask if you're Bob.

A bunch of other countries allow you to bring something like a cell phone bill that says you're actually Bob.

The UK (because Tories gonna Tory) decided to try to go all hard core with it and of course disenfranchise people and fucked it all up because that's actually the point of those restrictive voting systems

1725468436705.png

If they are so concerned with mail in voting then they have to make voting easier.

For the 2019 election we had 20,000 polling stations, and early voting.

In 2020 the US had 130,000 and no early voting. In the 2022 midterms they had 95,000 polling stations. They have 10x the people. So yeah, a lot of people mail in their ballots.

Taking a quick look around the world at where a buddy declaring "yeah, I declare he's Bob and Bob's okay" is fine for voting

Canada
Sweden
Luxemborg

New Zealand takes it even further, where Bob gets to declare that he is infact Bob and Bob is infact okay. Australia doesn't even ask if you're Bob.

A bunch of other countries allow you to bring something like a cell phone bill that says you're actually Bob.

The UK (because Tories gonna Tory) decided to try to go all hard core with it and of course disenfranchise people and fucked it all up because that's actually the point of those restrictive voting systems

View attachment 21852
So, if Bob's your Uncle....?

i'm surprised he's played it this poorly. he really did have a chance to have an outsized impact on this election but I'm pretty sure he's sabotaged that completely.

I think the endorsement impact is overrated generally.

You make cool cars so I am going to vote how you tell me?

If they are so concerned with mail in voting then they have to make voting easier.

In 2020 the US had 130,000 and no early voting. In the 2022 midterms they had 95,000 polling stations. They have 10x the people. So yeah, a lot of people mail in their ballots.

It's always going to be a partisan issue though because one of the two parties run on ideas that aren't popular with the majority. They had a choice a political generation ago to either shift towards more popular ideas, or just start restricting who can vote, whose vote counts more or less, etc and they jumped into that with both feet. Republicans know that they're fucking cooked without gerrymandering and voter suppression.

I think the endorsement impact is overrated generally.

You make cool cars so I am going to vote how you tell me?

well not in terms of the endorsment per se, although even then he ruins his endorsement a little bit with each trash partisan hack post.

but more in terms of weaponizing twitter for the inevitable "october surprise" stories that they are going to try and drop. if he had kept calm, then him saving a "hunter's laptop" type story from "2020 style censorship" could have been a real gamechanger. But not so much anymore.

oh it's by design. they try to suppress the vote by making it harder to physically vote.

Pretty sure I had to show my ID when I vouched for my neighbor who forgot his at the polling station...so it's a bit of a weird loophole...some one needs to show some GD ID to vote here.

Pretty sure I had to show my ID when I vouched for my neighbor who forgot his at the polling station...so it's a bit of a weird loophole...some one needs to show some GD ID to vote here.
You can also do like the voter id card plus like a utility bill though. So like technically you need some sort of id, but doesn't have to be a government id card

Back