• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

People still hadn't seen what Kamala was made of. How she could do in a mano a womano head to head battle.

This is the first time they've seen it. And it went very well for her on every level.
figuratively speaking, she whipped out her big black **** and slapped trumpo all over with it, on national tv

We'll see how it plays out. I doubt it's a huge impact but it doesn't need to be huge to very significant.

Comparing this shitkicking of a raving lunatic to Romney outpointing Obama in one debate is completely wrong tho. Debates usually don't have massive impact but they're not usually this lopsided and make one candidate look so much more competent than the other (and in their first real look at her too). We have a very recent example of a debate changing literally everything when one candidate looked awful.
historical precedents seem to be of minimal value in this race, too, fwiw.

just curious, but is it common for american politics to be discussed in your workplace?
I would say most watch the news regularly since we’re emergency services and so not specifically American Politics but news items of interest are frequently brought up in the mornings.

Generally don’t discuss it whatsoever as I’m one of the few more liberal in the office but I guess the eating your pets thing was deemed noteworthy enough to be a safe “geez what a lunatic” thing

I have like two or three colleagues who I will talk politics with. One guy I get along really well with, despite him not believing in the existence of white privilege. We can have actual arguments though, that are respectful. He's not a Trumper, just a lost centrist with some cockamamy ideas...

and then most other folks are pretty left, as far as I can tell.

Back