• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

"Vance has admitted his movement is re-fighting the Civil War, and they are on the side of treason and slavery."

fa1.gif

Walz messages so fucking well.

No more corpo democrats pls.

Vance isn’t going to embarrass himself like Dotard, and he’ll certainly prepare a lot more so I’ll think he’ll land some punches but he can be a little stilted so Walz can win on style, IMO

Vance isn’t going to embarrass himself like Dotard, and he’ll certainly prepare a lot more so I’ll think he’ll land some punches but he can be a little stilted so Walz can win on style, IMO

Vance won't suck, but he'll look like what he is. A maladjusted christian fascist weirdo that hates women and anyone else who doesn't live the way he wants them to.

Vance could perform much better rhetorically than Trump did, and still lose the debate worse. The curse of being deeply unlikeable.

I know you (and others) have said JD’s really good at debate stuff but… part of me is a little skeptical because he seems to say something incredibly fucking dumb every time he opens his mouth.

He's good at debate the same way nerds like Ben Shapiro are good at debates. They're good at debate tactics, not at actually swaying people who disagree with them to their side of the argument.

Vance won't suck, but he'll look like what he is. A maladjusted christian fascist weirdo that hates women and anyone else who doesn't live the way he wants them to.

Vance could perform much better rhetorically than Trump did, and still lose the debate worse. The curse of being deeply unlikeable.

Oh yeah. Smarts won’t save him here…. but I suspect he’ll land some big punches and comfort his fans.

Walz will do great.

The end result will likely be a nothing burger

Yeah, this is probably putting it a little better than I was trying to. If everyone still hates his guts at the end, not sure that’s ultimately a win imo

Kamala kept Trump on defense all night.

Vance will do a good job keeping Walz on defense, so Walz better be able to put Vance on defense at least as much.

Walz will probably be doing a lot of work on sidestepping JD's framing and forcing the issue back into Walz' framing tbh. Kind of like what you pointed out on the civil war bit.

"What I know is what's important to families where I'm from"
"See, he just can't mind his own business"
"This is just more of that civil war stuff he's been talking about"

I actually think Walz folksy messaging style is a really good fit for reframing JD's hateful bullshit and making it sound like what it is.

He's good at debate the same way nerds like Ben Shapiro are good at debates. They're good at debate tactics, not at actually swaying people who disagree with them to their side of the argument.
Pretty sure the Walzs have decades of experience coaching and judging debates and are board members of the state debate league. I think he’ll be just fine.

Back