• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It's too late for this cycle, but I imagine that the solution in the future is going to be not just jamming everything anyone calling themselves a pollster produces into an average and presenting that as interesting and important work.

Imagine knowing that one side has systematically decided to rig the averages, watching them do it with a 10 to 1 partisan polling volume advantage in real time, and then just letting them do it to the detriment of your professional reputation.

Hot take:

With him losing his debate, poll trending towards Harris, him losing it generally and gravitating towards and getting advice from the crazies, and his sentencing postponed to allow for the judge to give him prison time (plus all thoseremainingcourt cases)....I think 1- his campaign managers will soon quit, 2- Donald will vote early with the excuse of giving his supporters permission structure to do so as well 3- He will be in a foreign nation on election day. 4 - he will remain there if he loses the election.

There's always been a non-zero chance that if Trump ever felt well and truly cornered and out of options, that he might flee to a friendly dictatorship for the remainder of his life.

I don't think we're quite there yet though. He hasn't been sentenced to any jail time, ordered to report to prison or run out of appeals. Still plenty of chance the legal system doesn't come through with real consequences, and plenty of runway left for him to stretch out every possible delay.

And I've never been able to make up my mind as to whether not not his narcissism would allow him to give up the fight here and/or throw himself at the mercy and goodwill of one of his dictator friends.

Back