• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

you're the guy who wants to outlaw...er i mean "discourage"... anything different than the nuclear family right.
Literally no one has said that. If you're referring to when I argued the nuclear family makes for a more cohesive and healthy society then I stand by it.

Ah, yes, the totalitarian state only exists to benefit the community.

Eh, there's nothing totalitarian about requiring the most minor measures possible to ensure a very, very basic level of health in the community. If that's totalitarian, so are speed limits, basic workplace health and safety requirements, fire code, building code, every law on the books that makes it illegal for me to take a baseball bat to someone's head, etc, etc. How dare the state infringe my right to do whatever the fuck I want regardless of the consequences to others.

But y'all are the party of personal responsibility...

Communism only failed because they didn't do it well enough, am I right?

What do regulations have to do with the public owning the means of production?

I'm not a communist at all. I'm a Nordic Capitalist if you must have a label.

Only allowed is a homogenous society that operates, behaves, and believes whatever the experts deem. This is the way. To differ with the dictated thoughts is to be a threat to society.

Serious question....when we're making laws, whose input are we supposed to be getting?

You're drawing up speed limits for your city....what do you set them at and why? Whose input are you most interested in getting?

I legit want to know what he thinks being a citizen means?

Is it the JFK attitude of, "Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country"

Or the attitude of "My country serves me"

Serious question....when we're making laws, whose input are we supposed to be getting?

You're drawing up speed limits for your city....what do you set them at and why? Whose input are you most interested in getting?
More interesting is the use of "homogenous" and "whatever the experts deem".

Who are these experts who decide, and how is that not fascist'?

Eh, there's nothing totalitarian about requiring the most minor measures possible to ensure a very, very basic level of health in the community. If that's totalitarian, so are speed limits, basic workplace health and safety requirements, fire code, building code, every law on the books that makes it illegal for me to take a baseball bat to someone's head, etc, etc. How dare the state infringe my right to do whatever the fuck I want regardless of the consequences to others.

But y'all are the party of personal responsibility...

What do regulations have to do with the public owning the means of production?

I'm not a communist at all. I'm a Nordic Capitalist if you must have a label.
This.

You're making such a childishly silly argument, Flyguy, seriously what in the actual fuck are you talking about? According to your definition, everything is totalitarian:

One vote per person = totalitarian government wants to limit me from voting as many times as I want
Thou Shalt Not Commit Murder = totalitarian government wants to limit me from killing whoever I want
I could write out a thousand of these.

You know which political party is in power enforcing all these laws and regulations? All of them.

But I guess that's the uniparty, right? ;)

Oh and by the way, which political party was in power when covid rules were implemented? I'll let you guess which orange god was president at the time, too.

Here's a test for you: if you work in an enclosed space and you're sick as a dog with the flu, and your boss asks you to stay home so that you're not coughing and sneezing on everyone, are they:

(a) trying to keep everyone else from getting sick
(b) a totalitarian dictator

Back