• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Duluth is not the middle of nowhere. It's a popular suburb in Gwinnett county.

The lack of knowledge on states and their populations goes hand in hand with unawareness of the peoples beliefs, apparently.
They were still left stranded by Trump. The busses never came. He just grifted them and left them there but they're too fucking dumb to see the irony of still voting for him.

I feel ya. I chose an instate school so I'd avoid graduating with any student loan debt. Good choice.
Yes, but had I gone to the school in Connecticut I'd have been an upper classman when Tucker Carlson entered as a freshman. I could have spent the entire semester pushing his head into a toilet.

This reads like a narrative in your head tbh. The top issues people care about are ones directly tied to the administration Harris was just a part of - immigration and the economy.
Trump voters don't care about issues. They don't even know what the real issues are. Right now I have some evangelical woman on X trying to tell me that Harris doesn't stand up for women because of trans people being allowed to play for the girls junior varsity volleyball team and men in women's bathrooms. But Trump taking away her reproductive rights? Meh. Couldn't care less.

Trump voters are obsessed with non-issues that don't affect them and are unmoved by issues that they should care about because they will affect them. They only care about immigration insofar as they are racists looking to rationalize their racism. Right wing politicians have been using minorities to stoke fear in their supporters for hundreds of years. That train is never late. Once upon a time it was the Irish and the Italians. Today it's Mexicans and Haitians. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now. Everything Trumpers pretend is important is bullshit. They don't want to contemplate the actual real issues because they know that they're on the wrong side of all of them.

Back