• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

i'll have no problem owning up if i get this wrong but even anecdotally we're seeing countless republicans saying they won't vote for him - even if they won't vote for kamala. we saw that in the primaries, haley voters told us that in the exit polling. he can't afford to lose votes from 2020. i still think we'll see that in the final results.

he might very well be more popular than ever with his base though.
I think he's made gains amongst the youth from 2020 though, especially young men.

who the hell knows right now. it's either gonna be a real nail biter of an election, or Kamala is gonna stomp him.

I don't see a Trump landslide as a likely or possible outcome.

but still, flying way too close to the sun with the future of democracy...

i'll have no problem owning up if i get this wrong but even anecdotally we're seeing countless republicans saying they won't vote for him - even if they won't vote for kamala. we saw that in the primaries, haley voters told us that in the exit polling. he can't afford to lose votes from 2020. i still think we'll see that in the final results.

Wait until you see the Republican life raft fill up when he loses.

I think he's made gains amongst the youth from 2020 though, especially young men.

who the hell knows right now. it's either gonna be a real nail biter of an election, or Kamala is gonna stomp him.

not really convinced this will offset even more 18-29 women voting dem re: roe but we'll see.

I think it’s your comprehension, man. Government jobs require you to list all prior experience regardless of whether you think it’s worth listing or not.
And do you think that an error of omission for not reporting a part-time fast food job you had decades earlier would wind up with her or anyone else not getting the government job? Unless she was running a meth lab out of the back of the restaurant it would be irrelevant.

It’s the theme the McDonald’s stunt drives home and a major issue she’s been trying to tackle during her whole run - she flip flops on issues and voters have a hard time knowing who she actually is. Did she actually work at McDonald’s? Does she actually support fracking? Does she actually etc etc etc

That’s what the pollsters and pundits note as her big issue, not my opinion.
Yeah, lying about working at McDonald's is exactly the same as stealing and selling classified documents or using Trump Tower as a Russian laundromat for 40 years.

I do live in a redder area, but there are trump flags everywhere. Cars, hanging off fences, there's an eighteen wheeler parked on someone's land on GA 400 with a Trump poster spread across the whole side of it. Car stickers with Trump everywhere. The only Harris sticker I've seen was a funny one that said "me and my cat support Harris" lol.

If Harris wins it'll be a silent majority type thing like how Trump won in 2016.
Half the people in your state are inbred hillbillies living in double-wides. Their support for Trump even though they are voting against themselves is not surprising. Trump may not do anything to help them get a decent job, an education, or healthcare, but what he will give them is the thing they value more than anything else: the license to be openly and proudly racist. It's the same drug that Pierre Poilievre is peddling in Canada and it's a big hit among the inbreds and rig pigs here in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Oh, I'm sure Donald would have tried if it could have saved him a few bucks. He can always get it back on the other end by burying her at another one of his golf courses in the unlikely event that he outlives her though.

Fwiw, I don't know if that tweet thread is the gotcha you think it is. Was Kamala impoverished growing up? No. But research scientists are hardly known for an affluent lifestyle. For example, the average research scientist salary is apparently 83K in Canada in 2024 (60K USD). Which isn't terrible money, but it's hardly outstanding and she was a single mother raising two children on that. Throw in moving multiple times through out her educational career, and it's not outrageous for Kamala to potentially qualify for that type of program for post grad studies.
However she got into law school, Kamala at least showed up to class and passed exams. Trump "graduated" from Wharton even though he barely remembers what state it's in. His exams were written by proxies.

I knew high school friends who were quite middle class, but still qualified for financial aid to go to the elite schools like Harvard. Once you factor in exchange and anything else like single mothers, definitely not a stretch to get some aid without being anything close to "poor".
I was from a middle class family but when I applied to university, I settled for a heavily subsidized one in Canada rather than the small Ivy in Connecticut because my family couldn't afford the costs of tuition and living expenses, especially with the exchange rates.

Oh, I'm sure Donald would have tried if it could have saved him a few bucks. He can always get it back on the other end by burying her at another one of his golf courses in the unlikely event that he outlives her though.

Fwiw, I don't know if that tweet thread is the gotcha you think it is. Was Kamala impoverished growing up? No. But research scientists are hardly known for an affluent lifestyle. For example, the average research scientist salary is apparently 83K in Canada in 2024 (60K USD). Which isn't terrible money, but it's hardly outstanding and she was a single mother raising two children on that. Throw in moving multiple times through out her educational career, and it's not outrageous for Kamala to potentially qualify for that type of program for post grad studies.
No idea how she attended private school then.

However she got into law school, Kamala at least showed up to class and passed exams. Trump "graduated" from Wharton even though he barely remembers what state it's in. His exams were written by proxies.
When Trump visited Puerto Rico to throw paper towels at poor people, he asked his aides who the president of Puerto Rico was.

He also suggested nuking a hurricane.

Last edited:

He's made gains with black men and latinos. I'm not sure how he could do that without also making gains with white people.

This!

It doesn't matter that Trump's base loves him even more than they did in 2020. What matters is that Trump is not gaining one single, solitary, new voter. In fact, he is shedding voters. People who used to vote for him can now no longer abide him and many of the olds who voted for him last time have died since then (many from the Covid virus that he downplayed) Trump will be hard-pressed just to get as many votes as he did last time and we already know that this won't be enough to win.

Back